Saturday, September 24, 2016

X Factor UK: Season 13 Overview


In a sea of people sick of The X Factor, claiming it's staged, claiming it's fake...I agree with that. But what else do I think of X Factor? I think it's great at what it does. Every fight, every off key singer, every forced emotional audition/story they give...I fall for it every time because this show is INCREDIBLY entertaining. I have so much fun watching how ridiculous and over dramatic this show can get and I am happy to welcome it back into my life this fall. Reviewing X Factor last season was probably one of the thing I've had the most fun doing since I created this blog. It's a mess, but it's good mess that I like watching and pretending I'm a judge to...

Now that we've gotten the pleasantries out of the way, ...y'all need to fix this. If I had a dime for every audition this season that's made me swoon, I'd probably have a nickel. That's not to say there weren't some people with great potential, I just think this season has been ridiculously lackluster thus far. The judges especially. 

I couldn't give a fried over banana fuck that Louis Walsh is back, more on that raisin later, but I was looking forward mostly to the return of Mrs O. Queen Sharon Osbourne. She's never failed at giving this show some of it's most iconic moments. But she, as well as the other judges, just seem...tired. Like they're not getting paid enough to care. This coming from the woman who called out Simon's act in season one for being fake, this coming from the woman who smacked her head in the wall because she could't stop laughing at an auditionee, the woman who got the entire room laughing at "messed my pants" and the woman who called one of the dancers a slut on live television. Here's to hoping things pick up with the judges?

Bootcamp was also a drag. Maybe it was because it was so rushed but I just didn't find it to be as intense and jolting as it usually is. But let me tell you all something. Last season in my first post on this website I said I was GLAD Louis Walsh was out last season because he is an absolute joke. Even Ottavio called him the court jester. I don't know why he's there, but I don't see it for him. There were genuinely good acts that were sent home during Bootcamp in favor of some complete jokes (I'm looking at Honey G and Bradley & Ottavio). Maybe it's the way they edited, but it really looked like Louis was campaigning for all the joke acts to make it through and it's as if he takes the entire competition as just some big laughing stock. I do hope things turn around and he stops with all the nonsense because he does seem like a very nice man, he's just...not a good judge in my opinion.

I really want Six Chair to surprise me with some real talent because if the first two rounds are foreshadowing what's to come...it's looking to be 75% all a joke.

I know I kind of ripped the show apart (talent wise), but there is some pretty good talent this season and some people I will genuinely have a great time watching. Get ready for some X Factor posts in the coming days, because we're back in business baby!

-Image credit to: metro.co.uk!!!!
-Like I said, I kind of went in on a couple of the judges and the show this season but they're all my personal opinions and should not take away from the fact that I respect EVERYONE involved in making this show!
-Also, Dermot's back and he's a delight as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...