Saturday, September 24, 2016

If Loving You Is Wrong: 911 Emergency (3x02)


Spoilers for the latest episode of If Loving You Is Wrong after the jump!


 Travis. Is. Getting. So. Old. Like he was tiring before, but his whole shtick about Kelly "taking advantage of him" is getting so weak I can't even take him seriously anymore. Don't get me wrong, Denzell Wells is doing the best with what he has, but everything Travis says just makes me want to shut the TV off. He's punishing Kelly for not caring about him after his black ass didn't propose to her after she bought a house for them, left her for some light skin girl and who he proceeded to try and make friends with her. (Side note, Kelly telling those niggas to go strap up in the car and strangle themselves remains one of her best moments) But yeah, he is torturing the hell out of her. He tries to rape her on her front porch (where is Miss Pearl when you need her?) and is stopped by Justice. Travis basically tells Justice to go back in the house so he can continue to assault his mother. Everyone's inside, Justice and Essy's daughter (lol, more on Essy in a second) go to bed and Travis gon' creep up by the window, draw a heart in the window, then drive away to leave. All I can hope is that Travis drove off to Love Thy Neighbor, or any other show but this one because I am so sick of him at this point. Seeing him be hurt about Kelly isn't even funny anymore. It's like he's the Steve Harvey of fuck boys, like he's surely going to publish a book about being ain't shit because he is bottom of the barrel garbage. I think I saw him when I took the trash out last week. The only positive thing about this whole situation is that Travis finally scared her into changing out of that Starburst dress she's had on since March.

Andrew: Don't you have something better to do?
Ben: I'm doing it.
Andrew: What's that?
Ben: Annoying you.
I feel like that was a dialogue between Ben and the audience of this show. Because why is he still here? Why does he still have dialogue? He is one of the worst things to come out of this season so far. I would say him being such an ass is character development, but he's such a wuss when it comes to bucking up to Eddie I can't tell at this point. Enough about Ben because we don't need to spend more time on him. Apparently Andrew didn't use a Breathalyzer on Julius (but he refused...lol, you're a cop. Make him take it?). Ben gives him coffee, which will fuck with the Breathalyzer, I guess. So Andrew's screwed, I suppose? Whatever? I don't really care, can you tell? On the plus side, Julius remains a delight and is hilarious so there's the one highlight from the scene/storyline they're trying to pull from this whole cop thing. Eh, whatever. 

Is it just me, or was that scene between Esperanza and Alex one of the worst things you've ever witnessed on television? Alex spends the enter phone call to 911 (that she should have made at the beginning of last week's episode with her dumb ass) crying, sobbing, stuttering, moaning, doing the dougie and repeating the same thing over and over again. Basically, she does anything but tell Esperanza what's happening. And Esperanza doesn't know what context clues are so she spends the entire phone call asking the most irrelevant questions ever. Is this the same girl who came for Claudia for being "bad" at her job week after week? Because if 911 operators are anything like Esperanza, I might as well lay there on the black ass for and bleed out if I get shot because the cops are surely not coming for weeks. The problem is, I can't even blame Esperanza for asking questions over and over again because Alex spent more time crying than actually trying to answer any of the questions. It was all just so much and a waste of a perfectly good script where we could have had something actually interesting that moves the plot along happen. Like, that might as well have been a commercial.

Alright, Kelly's finally out of that taste the rainbow dress and sleeping on the couch and Alex comes to the door and asks her to watch the kids after telling her that the baby was kidnapped. She storms off, getting in her car and going God knows where (hopefully right off a damn cliff). Kelly's baby daddy calls and wants to come stay with her and pick up where they left off. In all honesty, like I said last week, he doesn't seem that bad. I think him and Kelly were just kids that made a mistake and he took the wrap for her. That's loyalty, right? I'm on his side until he proves me wrong because, believe it or not, the man in jail for 9 years is currently tied for the best man on the show. Plus Kelly needs some protection with Travis on the loose and Ramsey probably six feet under his house after Travis finished with him in the season finale.

Brad and Marcie...I mean, they're cute. But whenever I watch them being sober and not petty together, I just shrug. Like I could've had a V8. Y'know? Like, they'll have a simple conversation about the weather and it'll get dragged out into a seven minute scene. They can just get hitched and move to For Better or Worse and just be done with all this bull shit nonsense. But, bitch, let me tell you things are about to blow up. Marcie's stomach is acting up, or something, and she doesn't know why. But I do, and so should you. (Mind you, this is all speculation, but.....) MARCIE. IS. PREGNANT. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. SHE'S FINALLY PREGNANT, BUT WITH BRAD'S BABY. At least, I hope it's Brad. But you know Tyler Perry loves ruining black women's lives so I wouldn't put it past him to have Randal's crazy ass knock her up. But that's a storyline to watch!

Finally, we have this...armpit of a scene where Esperanza and Kelly are on the phone. Long story short (because that scene with 2, maybe 3, minutes of dialogue was stretched out to 10), Kelly goes to the house and sees blood and what looks to be a dead body (probably Miss Louise'). Yikes.

EPISODE GRADE: C+
-Randal is in a box about to be set on fire, or thrown in the ocean, and STILL calls that baby RJ. I was on the floor, ROLLING.

-Once again, the Joey/Faun shooting thing...I don't care. Natalie goes to the hospital with them, Eddie shows up, Lushion is mad, Eddie all but spits on Quan's corpse. Okay.

-If y'all call Esperanza "Essy" one more time, I'm reaching into the TV and snatching every last bit of your edges.

-I hope Miss Louise isn't dead. I know I said they might as well have killed her off, I'd much prefer her to go back to where she came from and sip tea and gab over The Good Wife.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...