Monday, September 26, 2016

X Factor UK 13: Six Chair Challenge (GIRLS)




Ever notice how ever since Simon came back to the show in 2014, he's always gotten the category that had the winner the previous year? Hmm, haha. No Louisas, no Laurens. What's the point? I'm only joking of course... but in all honesty, where's all of the vocal talent? Caitlyn (and maybe Gifty...and, girl, I mean on a good day) are the only girls even adjacent to a vocal powerhouse this season. Emily and Kayleigh have nice, cute little voices but...I was just expected someone to make me feel like how Lauren made me feel after she absolute destroyed the competition last season. The girls category isn't anything to write home about. The ones to watch are: Caitlyn, Emily Kayleigh & Gifty. In that order.

JORDINA MILLER
"Amazing Grace"
That was a lot. D+

SOHEILA CLIFFORD
"Love Me Like You Do"
It wasn't awful but her ego had me expecting something stellar. C-

SAMANTHA LAVERY
"Mama Knows Best"
Her voice isn't bad at all. She just couldn't hit the notes that the song commands and sounded flat half the time. There was a lot of untapped potential in her, though. C-

OLIVIA GARCIA
"Changing"
Maybe she'll win me over but I wasn't really impressed. Her vocals were really shaky but I think she has a lot of potential! B-

FAYE HORNE
"I Know Where I've Been"
That mouth! Haha, kidding. She was alright, I personally didn't like her all that much. B-

ELLIE ROSE
"Almost is Never Enough"
Aw, she was so cute! I think ones her voice matures she'll be fantastic. B-

GIFTY
"Crazy"
Gifty presents something very average in a very stellar way. I think she has a nice voice but her performance and the passion behind her voice really pushes all of her performances. The jury's still out on her, though, because I still have no idea whether or not I like her. B

LUENA MARTINEZ
"Run"
Really Simon? This was far from perfect (some vocal control issue) but her voice has a lot of potential and that note at the end gave me goosebumps! B

KAYLEIGH MARIE MORGAN
"Somewhere Over the Rainbow"
She has a pretty voice she just seems very reserved and I know we haven't seen her full potential yet. B+

EMILY MIDDLEMAS
"Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"
She turned that song upside down and experienced stellar results. I thought her performance was original and I love the tone of her voice. A-

CAITLYN VANBECK
"Rise Up"
One of the only memorable contestants in the category, love her voice and the passion she has when she sings. A-


Simon's final six:
Soheila Clifford
Kayleigh Marie Morgan
Caitlyn Vanbeck
Gifty
Emily Middlemas
Olivia Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...