Thursday, November 2, 2017

Under Advisement: November 2017 Playlist


Here we go! Remember Music Mondays? Same. Under Advisement will be a list of songs that I fancy for the moment that stay on repeat when I'm listening to music. "Under Advisement" will stay under advisement, because I'm not sure how much I'm feeling the name. I'm not sure how often I'll be posting these (monthly, bi-monthly, every week). No promises, but this was fun to do and fun to share with you all! I'll try not to double up on artists so there's a bit more variety and flavors, but if I'm feeling it I'm feeling it! After the jump are 10 songs that are hot in my book. Enjoy! Thank you to Genuis.com for the pictures.


01. Havana (feat. Young Thug) - Camila Cabello
02. What About Us - Pink
03. Drew Barrymore - SZA
04. Gave Your Love Away - Majid Jordan
05. Pray - Sam Smith
06. Sky Walker (Feat. Travis Scott) - Miguel
07. Sexual (feat. Dyo) - NEIKED
08. How Long - Charlie Puth
09. Don't Choose - dvsn
10. Sucker for You - Matt Terry 

01. Although I've been a fan of the song since it first came out, I have to admit that The Cutkelvins performing "Havana" on the X Factor renewed my interest in the song. It's a fun, feel good song with excellent production and Cabelo sounds amazing on it! 

02. Pink has always been one of the most underrated artists in the music industry. Her voice is always there, she always hits you with a catchy song every few years, and stayed relevant without having some big meltdown with the press. "What About Us" is a beautiful, mid-tempo love ballad that easily stays on repeat! 

03. Yes, bitch, I'm still listening to SZA. And? SZA has one of the most beautiful, unique voices in the industry and "Drew Barrymore" is a perfect example of what a beautiful lyricist she is. "Why is it so hard to accept the party is over?" Chills, bitch. 

04. I'm a casual fan of Majid Jordan, but I am really feeling their new project and "Gave Your Love Away" is dope!

05. Maybe it's because I relate so hard to the lyrics, maybe it's Smith's smooth as butter voice but "Pray" is just everything. The gospel-churchy-pop production is stellar. "You won't find me at church, reading the bible. I am still here and I'm still your disciple." I got chills just typing that. His runs at the bridge are just gorgeous. A real treat for the ears, my goodness.

06. It took me a solid 7 years, but I started listening to Miguel's musical catalog this summer and was pleasantly surprised at how amazing his first album is! Imagine my sheer joy when "Sky Walker" dropped. It took me a while to get into it but Miguel's voice is in tip top shape! I can't wait for his next project.

07. This song gets me moving in the best way. Ironically (you'll see why at #10), I got into "Sexual" after hearing Matt Terry was singing along to it on Instagram live (and tore the song up vocally, his voice is crazy!). It's gotten quite a few repeat listens out of me.

08. We're taking a moment of silence for Charlie Puth. I have gained so much respect for him as an artist over these last 7 months. He is not the best vocalist, but he has learned to produce music that (mostly) fits his range, is extremely catchy (bitch, these bass lines?!) and are pleasant on the ears. I'm not sure if it's because "How Long" sounds almost identical to "Attention" but Puth can write off another win with this!

09. Underrated. I see why dvsn isn't as popular as they should be (more music for me) but their music is absolutely incredible. "Don't Choose" creates a moody atmosphere that gets me in my feelings, like most of their music does. The transition into the final chapter of the song is genius and gets me every time.

10. Matt, Matt, Matt. This may be a super, super generic pop song but "Sucker for You" was a very smart choice for Matt's first single! His voice songs amazing on it. The little quirks in his voice that kind of annoyed me on X Factor last year made the song unique. A pop star that can actually sing. Hmm, we need more of those! Solid, catchy song!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...