Friday, September 16, 2016

If Loving You Is Wrong: Watch Your Back (3x01)

Spoilers for the season premiere of If Loving You Is Wrong after the jump!

I mean, that was a lot. Don't get me wrong, I was thoroughly entertained most of the hour, but what just happened? The season premiere picks up right where the finally left off: the baby's missing. Omg!!!! SO SAD. I feel bad for the baby. Couldn't care less about either one of his parents. Speaking of his parents...if I had a nickel for every minute Alex DIDN'T call the cops looking for her baby, I could afford a beach house in California. She spent the whole episode freaking out, calling her sick ass mother, Brad (he didn't answer, but Marcie did...and that bitch was a savage), and never once did it cross her mind to call the cops? Okay. But what really shook me was Miss Etta James (Miss Louise, but I mean, look at her wig), covered in kool-aid and ketchup packets, on the floor absolutely delirious. I'm not sure if she got shot, stabbed, or just got the shit beat out of her by those crazy rednecks, but she was on the floor screaming and carrying on (and was blind for a hot second). She was on the floor yelling out for Marcie, telling her that Alex and her daddy came over and whooped her ass and took Randall away, but it was Alex standing there the whole time, quiet as a mouse looking so frightened (like all of this isn't her fault...). I just thought that scene was way too extra. At this point, they'd be better off killing Miss Louise or sending her back up to where she came from (1,192 miles to be exact) because they haven't really had anything to do with her for a while. That's just my opinion, though.

What else happened? The police storyline is starting to get a little tired. Eddie's still talking down to Ben, telling him they need to kill Pete (who's been in that bed since, like, March). I have no idea why Ben is afraid of bucking up to Eddie, who constantly belittles him and calls him a bitch, but he has no problem flipping over a guy who's just trying to help Pete out. He had the nerve to talk all type of shit to Andrew, when he was basically reading himself because everything he was saying to Andrew, the audience has been thinking about him since he's been on this show, so... Anyways, Julius' fine ass is out driving, drunk as hell, and gets pulled over by Andrew (the dude who kind of got his ass handed to him by Ben). Andrew puts him in handcuffs and at first I thought Julius was gonna get his men in the mob to kill Andrew, but now I'm thinking he wants to get him in on the plot against Eddie? That's a storyline to watch. Also, Kelly's love life is officially the worst. Her ex/baby daddy, who covered for her on some illegal shit when they were younger, is getting out of jail soon and wants to come stay with her. Not sure what he did or if he's a threat, but he must be scary because Kelly is frightened shitless. Travis is also back, because Tyler Perry doesn't know how to fire an attractive model, and I think the episode ended with him trying to rape her? Yikes. Finally, Randal's locked in a box by Alex' dad and his racist KKK friends. He's in the box and...I'm fine with it. Don't know what's coming up next for him but it's well deserved.

EPISODE GRADE: B-
-Welcome back to If Loving You is Wrong recaps!
-Credit to OWN for the image!
-"This bitch is not calling me..." "Where's my husband? You would know." I'm paraphrasing, but Marcie was a straight savage this episode. Love seeing the fun Marcie back.
-Damn, y'all, Eddie  used to be so much fun.
-Brad's digging a grave, hopefully for Randal.
-The whole episode, I wanted Randal to be alive for the sole person of Marcie being the bitch that gets to kill him in the end.
-In all seriousness, why didn't Alex call the cops?
-I purposefully left out Joey/Faun/Natalie/Lushion because I really don't care that Joey and Faun got shot, they can go. I would have lived for Natalie kicking the shit out of Quan if them kicks weren't so weak.
-Speaking of Quan, I can't wait to see his ghetto, crazy ass mama back in the mix. I was living for her!
-Kelly should have smacked the entire dog shit out of her mouthy son.
-So...there's a line of blood outside of Randal's house...but Randal looks just fine (not bloody) in that box? Maybe that was just me.
-"So you can give it to me but I can't take it?" ...Someone needs to buy a box next to Randal and throw him in it.
-I just wasn't feeling recapping The Haves and the Have Nots, but when I do get back up in the spirits (hopefully before January) I'll be caught up on my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...