Wednesday, April 20, 2016

MUSIC REVIEW: Ariana Grande "Leave Me Lonely" & "Let Me Love You"

 Ariana Grande has been churning out new songs lately, the latest two are called "Leave Me Lonely (feat. Macy Gray)" and "Let Me Love You (feat. Lil Wayne)". 

QUIT. PLAYING. ARIANA.

Ask me why she hasn't released the studio version of "Leave Me Lonely". Go ahead. Ask me and I'll tell you I have absolutely no idea. Some critics argued that the release of "My Everything" was a sophomore slump for the singer but she's shutting all of the hatters down and coming back with this new album strong. All we've gotten from this song is a live performance in Las Vegas at the T-Mobile Arena...and that's fine, girl, take your time to record this masterpiece. This song is not only strong in lyrical content but the production behind it is absolutely gorgeous. It all starts in the intro with Macy Gray's (absolutely stunning) voice with a very epic beat underneath it and wicked harmonies that carry out through the rest of the song. The production more in line with "Dangerous Woman" in terms of it's anthem-esque feel you get after listening to it. Hands down my favorite song off the album so far and we don't even have a studio version of it yet.

SONG GRADE: A

"Let Me Love You" is just another step in the more mature sound Grande is going for. I think now that she's established herself as a household name she's a little less focused on pleasing the pop audience and doing music she wants to do. The singles she's put out for this album have been lyrically more mature and steered away from the whole pop genre. You know what I mean. This song is pretty dope. It's got a heavy bass, Ariana's voice is sublime and sultry (a nice departure from the vocal acrobats she's been doing on the other singles) and Lil Wayne's rap didn't make me want to crawl out of my skin so that's a good sign, right?

SONG GRADE: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...