Tuesday, April 19, 2016

If Loving You Is Wrong: Betting On Tina (2x17)

Warning: This contains spoilers for the latest episode of If Loving You Is Wrong. If you haven't seen it, go watch it and eat that last piece of chicken. If you have...why are you still reading this? Review after the jump!


Are we just going to rename all segments of this show "Miss Tina, Fix My Life"? Because my girl Nurse Tina was on FIRE tonight. She spotted Ben's head ass about to inject Pete with that Shakespeare ass poison and immediately defused the situation. I was going to come for her because she seemed to be more focused about calling Andrew to tell him how curious she was than actually fixing the situation. I would just chalk it up to her being afraid of getting hurt by Ben or Eddie but once she went in, my girl got all the way in Formation to fuck Ben's life up straight in the ass and I was not mad at all. The one crazy twist we got was that Tina and Andrew are dating or something. He said he loved her but who knows because right after he got off the phone he said that he "bet on a horse named Tina." #1, I have no idea what that means. #2, he just called his girl a horse.

Eddie is the best: (he's actually the worst and I care for him less and less every week)
"My name is Lushion." 
"When do you have free ti--" "I don't."
"How could she know I'm a drug addict?" "She's a nurse, dumb ass."

We're not going to spend too much time on this because I wasn't sure if I was watching If Loving You Is Wrong, or if they had a crossover episode with Love and Hip Hop Atlanta and Mama Dee came out the black ass cut. Quan's mom, Julius' daddy's mistress, comes over to Quan and his boys demanding to know what's up with him getting robbed and doing drive by shootings trying to kill cops...and bitch slaps the hell out of his black ass. I guess Quan thinks she's just playing, or she thinks that he thinks she's playing, so Mama Dee pulls out a gun and straight up shoots some nigga in the leg. After everybody fleas the scene, he tells her that Joey (son of "broke ass Natalie") was the dude who robbed him. All you need to know is she made damn sure he kept his ass in line, scaring him straight. This woman bitch slaps him in front of his friends, shoots his friend in the leg, calls him "Quanda" and asks for a kiss at the end. All I got for y'all is: SAVAGE.

Quan tells Idris Elba wants to smoke Joey, who he dubs "that fool" even though Quan is the only fool I see on my screen. Joey and Faun are about to smash on his [mama's] couch, but Faun basically admits she is too boogie to fuck on the CVS furniture they have in that house. But she gets horny and they fuck anyway, I guess.

Kelly, Esperanza and Natalie are having their sister circle at Alex' house and Kelly's thirsty ass mentions Ramsey's house being a potential new living space for Natalie. Instead of sitting on the couch, minding her business and going to see the house in the morning, she insists that they go see the house...in the middle of the night. Ramsey lets their asses in for some reason and Natalie decides she wants to buy the house after just seeing the kitchen. She calls up Lu Lu but before he gets in the house, he and Ramsey have a little chat (remember when Lushion overreacted and roughed Ramsey up when his mom died?) and Lushion asks if he told Natalie that his mom died in the house. But when Natalie comes out, Lushion blocks Ramsey when he tries to tell her. I guess he just wants his damn house? I would have said something about his almost confession after Natalie and him leave the house but I don't know what that was about and I don't care. What I do care about is the fact that Natalie tells Lushion that Pete came by the other night with the disc (that he knows is Pete shooting Ben) and he drives off (hopefully home to go see Joey and Faun's nasty asses in bed).
This week in Brad & Marcie Take East Atlanta, the two of them literally just try and out do each other with how insane their spouse is. They both have...excellent points. But I fell asleep listening to Marcie...talk. I need her to fight someone or start drinking again. Brad was undressing her with his eyes and she thought they could just watch a movie. Marcie is so clueless, he just wants to fuck girl.

EPISODE GRADE: C+
This wasn't a bad episode of the show, in fact there were some very nice character driven moments. The only problem is that it's a Tyler Perry show. So unless something absolutely insane is happening, you're left with okay acting and clunky dialogue that leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth. I just think the show thrives when it's balls to the wall crazy, but that's just me. Here's to Julius contemplating whether or not to kill his father and Joey getting teary eyed when faced with Quan even though he already kicked his bitch ass once next week! Let's hope it's lit! Seriously, y'all, pray with me.

-CLICK HERE for more #ILYIW reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...