Tuesday, April 12, 2016

If Loving You Is Wrong: A Mother's Love (2x16)

Warning: This contains spoilers for the latest episode of If Loving You Is Wrong. If you haven't seen it, go watch it and eat that last piece of chicken. If you have...why are you still reading this? Review after the jump!

I have to admit when I saw Brad get that pissed off about what was in the envelope I thought Randal was playing them and he just put a picture of his dick in there and compared it to Brad's but, nah, apparently Randal thinks his crazy ass has a shot at custody (or whatever he's doing, I forgot). The two of them are about to get into it and before Brad can beat Randal's black ass from here down to the end of the block, Miss Louise and Marcie are successful at pulling them off of each other. Brad goes knocking at Kelly's door and everyone is hesitant to let him in, with good reason. If I was Kelly I would have thought he came to throw his sex tape literally physically, directly at her face. But after a few minutes, and opening the door, they let it get way too far. Kelly's calls Ramsey's ass over, the kids get involved, for some reason Marcie pops her ass up behind Brad...he literally could have just given her the papers and walked out. It would have saved us all of that mushy gushy stuff and fast forwarded us to the funniest scene of the season. And. I. Mean. Funniest. First, Randall pops up like a sore behind Marcie and Brad so Kelly pushes him off of her property before Randal starts reading Kelly for BLOOD, congratulating her for getting a man now and talking shit about how she bought a house she couldn't afford for a man who didn't want her. Now I love Kelly and all, but my lie detector isn't detecting anything. Then Alex comes clean the fuck out of nowhere and bitch slaps the shit out of that pear (because he's had this ridiculous, tight, green shirt on since episode thirteen). She reminds him that he's a crazy piece of crap and that she's done with all of this over the top dramatic nonsense and will fight anyone for her son. Good. For. You. Bitch. I'm really getting around to liking Alex, mostly because (as I discussed last week) she's probably the only normal person on the show who hasn't schemed or come up with some elaborate plot to destroy someone. All she did was sleep with Randal in the shed and get knocked up. (Yes, I understand how that sounds...) All I know is my girl Marcie said "I don't know these niggas" and took her ass home.


Three minutes into the scene with Julius and his father (who's sick from...Tuberculosis? I don't know and don't really care) and that random black woman I had to ask myself what the relevancy of this scene was to the plot. We went from one of the biggest scenes of the season and then get yanked into a scene more lifeless than Julius' daddy. Then we get roughly seventy three twists in the span of 15 seconds. He's been having an affair with this woman for 30 years, while married to Julius' mother this whole time. He has a daughter, and a son. Julius knows the son. It's QUAN. You know, Quan? The nigga Julius goes in on for being a "dumb thug" whenever he can? Julius' disrespectful ass talks some shit before he leaves the room. The mistress (I don't know what her name is so I'm gonna just go with black queen after this scene) goes into an elevator and this angry bitch Julius follows, asking her all kind of questions about where his sister is (trying to intimidate her). When I tell you my black queen swung that weave around and told him who the fuck she was and how she can fuck his life all the way up I had to step back to catch my breath. This is a feud I'm ready to see more on. Speaking of Quan, nigga, who you think you scaring with that chain and soft ass voice?

This scene is why I can't stand Tyler Perry's inconsistency. Kelly and Ramsey are sitting on the couch and Kelly absolutely pours her heart out to him. She tells him about Travis breaking her heart, basically scarring her for her love life. Ramsey tells her that she doesn't need a boy, she needs "a man." Now, we're all assuming that Ramsey is "the man". Apparently not, because as soon as he says that Kelly gets wet and leans in to give him a kiss...but this nigga is just leaning in to get his keys. Then he acts like he didn't just ask her out last episode, and wasn't flirting with her the entire season and like she just made all of this up in her head. Like, didn't they almost make out (or did make out) once or twice before Travis walked in? I'm not sure if I read the signals wrong but he just blew her off like she was delusional. I'm not sure if he's playing with her head or what but I knew that wasn't cool, especially given the fact that Ramsey is supposed to be her knight in shining lawn mower. Or knight in a shiny bucket hat.

Andrew's watching over Pete and warns Tina (the nurse Ben cussed clean the fuck out a few weeks ago for not drugging him up) that Ben is on watch to come guard Pete so she needs to pay special attention to him today. Low and behold, not five minutes into Ben's shift and Eddie comes by and gives Ben some poisonous thing to inject into Pete's IV and kill him. Ben's dumb ass goes into the room, while Eddie stands guard. I think Tina noticed and calls someone, but I don't know what good a phone call will do when then poison shit will kill Pete in seconds...


Natalie, and those hoop earrings, are bleaching the fuck out of her house (where's Joey to bleach, boy?) and calls Esperanza. They have a conversation about Lushion, and a conversation about Claudia (who they both have a dislike for). Esperanza because she thinks she isn't qualified to work at the call center and Natalie because she thinks Claudia is after her man. Esperanza also reveals that she's trying to get her fired. I'm not sure what Esperanza has against Claudia, but I know it better not be because she's jealous of all the attention she gets from that rat Eddie. I'm holding off on reading the hell out of Esperanza's dumb, petty ass for another week because her intentions aren't exactly clear but the bitch is skating on thin ass ice with me. Esperanza's nosy (but unfortunately right, most likely) ass calls Claudia's last job and gets confirmation that Claudia lied about her last job. Also Lushion makes a phone call to someone named Larry...okay? All he says is "yes" three times and then a number. ...Okay?

EPISODE GRADE: B+
The first twenty minutes of the episode were soooooooo live! Everything else was pretty much hit or miss for me, personally.

-CLICK HERE for more #ILYIW reviews!

Side notes:
"The only thing I'm liking better than the taste of your fists is the taste of your wife."
^^Says that, and thinks he has the right to get mad about them living together now.
-Randal's joker ass laugh and clap after Brad walks away.
-That black baby doll Tyler stuck Alex with...
-It sounds like he got a clip of a baby on YouTube and edited it in with Windows Movie Maker.
-Also Kelly sets up a sleepover for Alex and the girls (sans Marcie) which is bound to go all wrong next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...