Sunday, November 22, 2015

X Factor UK: Top 7 Live Show (GROUPS & OVERS)

Cheryl, shockingly, is my favorite mentor this year. You can just see by the way she takes everything they love about themselves and she allows them to apply it to their performances so they are the most genuine performances and both her groups have such star power! Anton, once again showed enormous potential that I just wish he would tap into.



4th IMPACT
STOP CRYING GIRLS BECAUSE LOVE YOU GIRLS <3. They may have not been my favorites in the competition up to this point, vocally, but they have the right amount of sweetness and the best amount of stage presence. These girls and Reggie N Bollie are always at the top when it comes to giving you a flawless produced and choreographed performance. It was sort of adorable who they were dedicating the song to......but this song choice. It was a very obvious choice for them. From the moment I was made aware they were doing it, I wanted to jump out of my skin simply because I really thought they were going to overdo the hell out of it. Especially that first note that is usually what makes or breaks the song. Immediately as the song started, I didn't care. They started the song off FIERCE. And their harmonies were intact and I was getting my life. These girls has so much sass, which is such a great contrast to their actual personalities. It's like Sasha Fierce (Beyonce's alter ego) takes them ALL over every week. Dude, but their vocals were actually really strong! And the high note that is usually hit was actually on point! The only reason why I liked last week better was because of that flawless dance break they had but they were very solid this week and I loved it! This made me a true fan of them. (8.5/10)

REGGIE N BOLLIE
I have to say it again, because it needs to be said again. I would just like to thank Cheryl because she has done an incredible job with these boys. I love seeing the support from her as a mentor, she puts so much effort into them and loves them to death and you can tell it whenever she is talking about them or dancing with them. They are the bright spot of every single week. All this sad love and heartbreak stuff and these guys just tell you to shut up and come out and dance with them. My only issue is how all their performances are beginning to look the exact same. I don't even have to watch their performances to give them reviews because they do the same thing every week. Not that I'm complaining, because Cheryl said it herself, this is all you're getting from these guys. For now, I'm still just fine with that. (7.5/10)

ANTON STEPHANS
Anton is my favorite person on the show, personality wise. I felt for him last week, even though he deserved to go. But I couldn't help but turn my head away from the screen to start laughing my butt off when his dog ran through the door to "I Will Always Love You" and he sang "Who Let the Dogs Out" with Reggie N Bollie. There's were the happiness ended for me. Why, oh why, did he choose "One Sweet Day"? I'm not sure why it broke my heart when he said someone inspired the song choice...but it did? Maybe it's because I like him so much as a person that it's hard for me to even imagine someone hurting him...I don't know. All of this being said, Anton did exactly how I expected him to do. He didn't screw the song up but (aside from this performance being in full color) he didn't do as good as I know he could have earlier in the competition. I don' know if his vocals are shutting down or something but earlier in the competition his vocals were just so freaking tight! They've seemed to...I don't know, loosen up? Because his pitch is always so shaky now. I agree with Nick, I probably wouldn't love to listen to just his voice without watching him. That being said, I think Anton was a bit justified in reading the hell out of Nick when he was telling him that nothing about him was fake, but Anton was a bit vicious. (4.5/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...