Sunday, November 29, 2015

X Factor UK: Top 5 Live Show (GROUPS)




4th IMPACT
I have to praise these girls. They took a very basic song choice and turned it into something absolutely beautiful. I cringed when I heard they were doing "I'll Be There" because it's "I'll Be There." But they did what I wanted them to do. They had such a special moment this week. Their vocals were absolutely incredible (I can't tell you how many times I am going to keep rewinding to Almira hitting that whistle note, Jesus that was gorgeous and brought in at the perfect moment and took the song to another level). I agreed with Simon, I was skeptical of the song but when they started singing, I stopped caring. Rita made an excellent point they're connection to each other is what took that song to another level because it was just so emotionally on point and Irene crying at the end was just...I want to hug them every week. Also, Almira actually sounded perfect this week. I don't think she over did it at all and less really is more because they once again topped themselves. They absolutely smashed it, that was amazing. The whistle, though, the WHISTLE. (8.5/10) Their second song was their typical sass and flawless choreography. I think Celina looked a little too Powerpuff Girl for my taste but when she popped out of that box and started rapping, I got every ounce of my life and the transitioned into "Rich Girl" from "Fancy" flawlessly, they sounded like once song. And then they popped off into that choreography and I have to admit, I was in my chair bouncing like a kid. "SIMON, remember my name!" Y'ALL BETTER WERK BOO! (8/10) (Overall night grade: 8/10)

REGGIE N BOLLIE
When I first heard they were doing "Watch Me" I immediately thought they were just going to be up there bafooning it up for the fool-ish vote but they rocked my socks of like usual. It was a little much to have the random white pilot up there whipping and trying to Nae Nae but I died when they started doing the stanky leg. It was a nice departure from their usual reggae style at the beginning but then they did it again and it sort of just feels a little repetitive when they're performing. Like, it's always good, but their performances aren't very memorable. They are a very memorable group and act on the show but their performances string together very easily. Having Cheryl dance with them was my favorite part of the night, probably, though. So they get points for that (7/10) The staging was absolutely amazing for Dynamite, I loved seeing them run out from the back of the audience and I think the disco ball is always amazing. And also the dancers weren't whipping and nae nae'ing so that's a plus. Their vocals were pretty decent, so that's a thing. (6/10) (Overall night grade: 6.5/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...