Monday, November 16, 2015

The Voice US: Top 12 Live Show (TEAM BLAKE)

 Let's get one thing straight, I literally only wanted Zach and Barret to make it through to this show. I didn't care who else went through because Blake had two gems and four duds. Now he has two gems out of three contestants, so his team is looking much stronger now.



EMILY ANN ROBERTS
Okay so The Voice really wants us to root for Zemily (Zach & Emily) to get together. It's going to get old very quick but if it's just a one time thing it was actually kind of cute. I love her personality. I hadn't paid much too attention to her personality before because there were so many people in the competition and she just never stood out to me. She had so much sass in this performance that I think it sort of canceled out how boring she had been in the past. Compared to the other people on the show, I still don't think she's as much of a stand out as she could be. I think she's the only pure country girl left, so the closest comparison I can give her is Shelby but...I don't want to. She's just so basic that it makes it hard. She was a little pitchy in spots but overall it was a step up from what she's been doing so far. (6.5/10)

BARRETT BABER 
I think the best thing Barrett has going for him is that, while he's clearly a country singer, he has so much soul in his voice. I remember listening to his Knockout performance and I immediately thought he was doing some soulful ballad, not a country song. I think that's what has drawn me to him the most because I'm not a big country fan, but I am an enormous soul fan so I guess it cancelled itself off. He's amazing at the telling of a story with his body so I thought it would be a little bit of a set back to have him just stand there singing but I trusted him to be able to convey a story just standing in one spot (because, his voice is good enough to just do that, there's so much passion in it). That Lion King background made for a gorgeous drop back to such an emotional song. Barrett (I don't know why I keep typing Brett) did an amazing job singing the song. He never disappoints vocally. He lost it in the middle and begun doing his whole move around the stage thing but when he does that it just shows how into his performance he is. He belted out a flat note, but it wasn't so out of tune that it ruined a good performance. He has a gorgeous falsetto and that run (that he attempted) wasn't half bad! (8/10)

ZACH SEABAUGH
I knew they were either going to give the pimp spot to Jordan again, or Zach because he's a ladies man. Not because his performance knocked my socks of last week, but because he's a ladies man. It's starting to get a little tiring to see The Voice's twitter constantly tweeting a picture of a phone and a caption like "Ooh, who's Zach's 'Brand New Girlfriend'?" It was a cute topic last week but just to literally rely on his charm to keep him through just causes me to groan. I was a little shocked when he was going to step away from everything that made his performance excellent last week (okay, not everything, because Blake obviously couldn't go the whole rehearsal session without mentions how he needed to play it to the girls in the audience). When it came to the performance, he was vocally on point (at least he was perfectly in touch with the music). I can never really tell with those deep baritone voices if they're actually hitting the notes perfectly. But he has a very crazy range, he's able to hit those low piano notes but actually hit some pretty high notes. He had little vocal hiccups throughout the performance, but he sounded great overall. It really was like a performance at an awards show. He did exactly what Blake wanted him to do, and while it wasn't bonkers like last week, it was still a very good performance. Same, Adam, I wanted more Elvis (selfishly, of course). He's a natural, though, every one of his performances so far could stand on their own at his concert. (8.5/10)

SIDE NOTE: Wait, Zach is actually the perfect Wren McCormick?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...