Monday, November 16, 2015

The Voice US: Top 12 Live Show (TEAM GWEN)

Gwen's team was a bit of a disappointment this week. The one bright spot was Braiden, mostly because I literally expected nothing out of him after last weeks abomination so I'm glad he's back in the competition strong. They weren't bad, I just expected them to be the brightest part of the entire night (even though my fave Viktor was booted, but enough about my struggles.

BRAIDEN SUNSHINE 

I absolutely groaned when Carson told us that he was channeling his inner rock star. I was even more shocked when he said he had been in a rock band for like six years? He's been such a bore so far and rock stars aren't really, you know, boring. I was excited to see what he did with the performance (and if his curls stayed in tact...they weren't) and when Braiden hit that first note, I was actually sold! He showed a bit of personality on stage. He did some nice commanding of the stage (which he tried, and failed to do last week). He proved with this performance what a strong vocalist he is. His belting could have sounded like shouting, but it sounded like he was actually hitting some solid notes, which he was. I'm glad he took this route because it showed a much more interesting side to him and allowed us to hear some of those killer vocals that we haven't heard since knockouts. His random runs fit the song perfectly. He lost me when he shouted that last note, that wasn't very fun to listen to. His exchanges with Adam sold me on his personality, though, because he was a little more fun than I expected. Overall the performance was a major step up from last week. (7.5/10)

KORIN BUKOWSKY 
Wonderful song choice. I said in my Survivor post that she needs to do something that will be able to show her emotions because she does very well with songs that have a lot of substance in them. I think she did fairly well last week with her song because it opened up her feelings in a way. She's cute as a button and the type of nerd you just want to hug because she's so innocent. We got another cute hair moment when Gwen told her to go platinum. The more she spoke, the more I loved her as a person. It was great that, on top of this being a very emotion heavy song, she had a real life connection to it because that would only strengthen her connection to it. Her stripped back version of the song was really all she could do because I don't see her doing a production heavy song. She had absolutely stunning breath control whenever she would sing the lyric "Titanium." When she got into the bridge, she was a little out of tune when she held back on singing the high note but she immediately picked the song back up and showed us what a strong singer she is. Did anyone know she had such a big voice? Man, those last few seconds were great and the fire on her face only added to it. (7/10)

JEFFERY AUSTIN
Wait, Jeffery has soul? I knew he had a very nice voice already but when I heard him in the rehearsal he hit me with a double wammy. He held back on the sass this week, but he was still able to shine. It was weird to see him in just a leather jacket and a white t shirt because I always see him so dressed up. Did he change his hair color? He looked a tad uncomfortable at the beginning but as he hit the chorus and shit his eyes and begun wondering the stage, everything really clicked together. This wasn't as strong as last week (or Knockout week) but it was solid. His falsetto was a little rough, like his voice was on the brink of cracking. But when he started belting and you could her the quality and strength in his voice, everything in the world was right again. (7/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...