Monday, September 26, 2016

X Factor UK 13: Six Chair Challenge (BOYS)


I mean, yeah. So that just happened? That was hard to watch. There were only two good performances out of a bunch of guys that I thought could really kill it. Not a Che Chesterman, Mason Noise (or even Josh Daniel & Simon Lynch) in sight. All hope isn't lost, there are some gems in the category that will no doubt soar with the right mentoring and growth. Ones to watch in this category for me are: Nate Simpson, Niall Sexton, James Hughes (...) & Matt Terry.

CONOR McGINTY
"Every Breaking Wave"
What just happened? D

FREDDY PARKER
"How Deep Is Your Love?"
Freddy's commentary throughout the show was life, but the song...wasn't. D+ "Love Is A Losing Game" was pretty good, though! Let's wait until judges house to see what he's really made of, though. Maybe some Sam Smith would do him good?

LUCA VALENTI
"Take Me Home"
TAAAAAKE MEEEEEEEE HOOOOOOME. That was a loooot of shouting, haha. C

CHRISTIAN BURROWS
"Feeling Good"
FEELING GOOOWADDDDDD. The last half of the performance was literally just him shouting random words out at us. Was that a rap in the middle? I liked that part but that's the only part I really liked. This is another case of the passion in his voice selling the performance. C

JAMES HUGHES
"Proud Mary"
That. Was. So. Much. I mean, yeah it was fun but Nicole...actually gave him the seat? His audition sounded pretty good, though, so maybe he won't...ever do this again? C

WILL RUSH
"We're not talking about last night..." Lmaooooo, I love Nicole (sometimes).
I thought the judges were a little rough on him? The song was kind of dumb but he had a pretty nice voice. But did y'all see how maaaaad he looked when the judges didn't like him? They totally could have edited him to be another Mason Noise. C+ "What the hell are we gonna sing along to? Vowels?" Nicoleeeeeee!

MIKE HOUGH
"I Have Nothing/Superstition"
Sue me but I really like Mike (haha). I thought "I Have Nothing" was a really odd choice but I thought he showed off his originality and cool tone of voice during the second song. A lot of potential lost, in my opinion. B-

MATT TERRY
"When I Was Your Man"
I think it was the song that was off, not the key. He sounded about the same both time to me? I think he's one of the best in the category but I didn't like the performance really. B

NIALL SEXTON
"Run"
I have no idea why I like Niall so much. Maybe it's that voice he's hiding being that scared look...but that performance was everything. His voice sounded really strong and it was so emotional. A-

NATE SIMPSON
"Run"
You. Better. Sing. < That's the only thing that comes to mind whenever I hear him sing. He's like a bright shining light on the junk yard that is this season so far. That last note?!?!?! Yes! A-


Why is Nicole this way? That whole "I want you to sing for your seat" was so extra. Haha. Maybe that's one of the reasons she works so well on this show because she's just so dramatic. Like she could have just swapped Christian out with Luca to begin with but they haaaaad to pit up the two friends against each other, right? Matt's performance was how you know X Factor is ridiculously stage. If he had that song from the jump and hit all those notes (that the judges, not me in particular, loved) why wouldn't he have picked it instead of "When I Was Your Man". Too. Much.


Nicole's final 6:
James Hughes
Niall Sexton
Matt Terry
Freddy Parker
Nate Simpson
Christian Burrows

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...