Sunday, May 22, 2016

#SurvivorSunday: The Voice Edition (Top 4)


Welcome to #SurvivorSunday: The Voice edition! Just a quick disclaimer that everything down below are my personal opinions. I'm in no way affiliated with any corporation, especially The Voice or NBC.

What is Survivor? Alright, so I do recaps of performances for various singing shows and I give my two cents but Survivor is where I put my ten cents in and try and give the contestants a bit of advice (even though they're clearly not reading this) about what they can do to stay in the competition. Last season, these posts were simply titled "Survivor", but I'm trying something new out so bare with me!

Everything down below is not only referring to said contestant's previous performance, but their overall history in the competition. I deleted the pros and cons section but the Verdict is basically what I think they can do to get through to the next round and whether or not I think they're safe or not. On to Survivor!

ADAM WAKEFIELD
While he's not my cup of tea, I'm not going to deny what a talented musician and great singer Adam is. Everything about him screams soul but I've said that a lot of times and unlike the coaches, I don't fancy repeating myself. Personally, I don't find him that interesting as a person or a performer. He almost never smiles, like being there is some sort of chore but at the same time I can't argue with him because he's probably just there to win and get out of there. 

VerdictAdam's heading into the finals as well as any contestant on the show can. He peaked at the highest spot on iTunes last week, clearly the audience loves him. He's in very good shape.

ALISAN PORTER
I feel the same way about Alisan. She has undeniable raw and powerful talent but watching her perform simply doesn't excite me anymore. I was obsessed with her after she performed "Stone Cold" but not because of her, really. She sang it beautifully and got the emotion out of it but I just love that song down. When she sings ballads, it's fantastic but it's the same thing. When she doesn't sing ballads, it's usually still fantastic but she just stands around screaming all the notes at you.

Verdict: Same as Adam, she peaked just bellow him on iTunes and she's an audience favorite so I'm going into the finale thinking she and Adam are the top two.

HANNAH HUSTON
Hannah's the only contestant I'm genuinely excited to see every week. Her voice is consistent, except for that one performance of "Ain't No Way" (yikes), and her performances are always interesting and dripping with emotion. I'm not going to stop mentioning her performance of "Say You Love Me" where she was pleading with whoever she was singing the song about. The look on her face, the way her voice sounded, it was just stunning. And she's been able to do that every week. She did it as much as she could last week with "When a Man Loves a Woman", even if that wasn't my favorite performance of hers. Pretty much if I could choose a winner it would be the dynamic, wonderfully toned Hannah Huston.

Verdict: I think right now she's positioned herself at third place, I was shocked when she made it through. She was in the 20s on iTunes then out of nowhere shot up to the top ten and kept flip flopping with Mary and Bryan. I would love for her to come out of nowhere and snatch us bald tomorrow night, but we'll see.

LAITH AL-SAADI
I love Laith, he's interesting and he's not the type of guy you'd usually see making it this far on these competition shows. I'm glad America has so much faith in him and in my dreams, he and Hannah make up the top two this season.

Verdict: ...Unfortunately, we all know the instant save is a pretty dumb idea during semi-finals week because they always end up in last place (Christina, Damien, Koryn, Jeffery; just to name a few/every instant save artist to make it to the finale...). Hopefully he can be the one exception but that remains to be seen.

Thanks to everyone who read my Survivor posts this season! Whether you tuned in to my Voice, American Idol or X Factor Survivor's, I really appreciate it. As long as I have the internet, fingers and my life in the fall, I'll be back doing these recaps!

Also, they paired the top four up in duets last week. Coincidence or conspiracy? Hmm...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...