Thursday, April 7, 2016

American Idol 15 Final Predictions: Who Should Win?


(Although it's not titled appropriately, I'm dubbing this the final post in my "Survivor: American Idol Edition" series. Thank you so much to everyone who followed the season with me!)

I have never been this conflicted about who I wanted to win American Idol. Seriously, every season I've had a clear mind about who I thought should win but this final year was able to do something spectacular: get the final two absolutely right. The final two is always meant to be the best of the best and Idol doesn't always deliver on that (in my opinion). Anyways, I won't bore you with all of this and just get straight to the point. I. Have. No. Idea. Who. Is. Winning. La'Porsha has been delivering crystal clear performances but started to get lazy towards the end, whereas Trent was just sailing on by then just decided to snatch all of our wigs off at least once a week starting in the top four. 

La'Porsha has been all that you can ask a contestant on one of these shows to be: consistent. From the inspirational and soulful interpretations of "Diamonds", "Halo", "No More Drama" and "Glory" to her successful,  yet puzzling song choices of "Come Together" and "Dead or Alive" she has delivered something on a scale from good to "Where did my edges go?!" every single week. Her voice is unlike anything I've heard before. It's soulful, jazzy, bluesy and I will never (I repeat, NEVER) get sick of her vocal runs! Not only that but she is a beautiful balance of grace and being unapologetically herself. You can tell by the way she speaks and acts that she's a genuine beautiful person on the inside and the outside. The only rude thing she's ever done to us is murder is with those vocals.

Trent's a funny story. He didn't have all that much buzz going into the live shows. He was a consistent performer, like La'Porsha, but where he differed from her was his growth arc throughout the show. His performance were just dandy up until the top four. I'm not sure what fired him up but he stepped onto the stage for "Sharp Dressed Man" and there just seemed something different about him. He looked more confident, he was able to connect (even more?!!?!!!!!) to the material and by the time he tapped off the night with "Chandelier" I knew that he was a brilliant son of a gun who decided that he wasn't just going to fade out and he was coming to give La'Porsha Renae a run for her money. Then he came back the following week with an absolutely STUNNING rendition of "Waiting Game". He's, technique wise, one of the best singers I have ever heard in my life.

Personally, I would love to see La'Porsha win because of her story and the fact that she's a black woman and black girl's rock. Ending on a black girl that rocks as much as La'Porsha would be a beautiful end to the show. Let's not forget the fact that she would make a banging, soulful album. But I'd also love to see Trent win because he's delivered some STELLAR performances these past few weeks that got me just as emotional as anything La'Porsha's done.

My final prediction is that La'Porsha will win the final season. Don't ask me why, I just have a gut feeling.

I'd like to take this moment to thank anyone who's out there that took the time to read any of my recaps from this season of Idol. American Idol has always been very near and dear to my heart but I just got into the blogging game back in November. In a way, it was beautiful to have been able to only recap the final season of the show. Stay on the lookout for more "American Idol Farewell" posts from me because they're not even close to being over, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...