Wednesday, February 17, 2016

American Idol 15: Top 24 (Part 2) Rankings

Maybe I was just expected too much out of the contestants tonight. Looking back at my initial ranking of the Top 24, this should have been a much more entertaining night for me but it was filled with alright performances, a couple of shockers, J-Lo's wild libido for a 20 year old and a bad taste in my mouth. Hopefully the duets are entertaining because this group is lagging a bit.

Thanks to my dwindling interest in the night, my blurbs about each contestant will be much shorter:

12. AMELIA EISENHAUER
"Wake Me Up"
It's the violin girl. That's all I remember about her and now I know why. She has an incredibly average voice but she was able to distract us from that with her violin last time. This week it was just her voice and it just seems...off? She sounded like she was struggling just to stay on pitch and the beginning of the song sort of sounded like she was a little behind the band. Eh. The only belting she should be doing is tying a belt around her waist (5/10).

11. TRISTAN McINTOSH

"Good Girl"

Tristan is just, eh. I feel like she has a full potential that she'll never reach if she keeps doing.............Carrie Underwood songs? She looked like a girl on Nickelodeon that they thought would make a cute singer. That's pretty much it, she's cute but she just gives me Rachel Crow with half of the vocals that Rachel had. I won't be mad if she goes, and I won't care if she stays. If she does stay, I'd like to wind up liking her (6/10).




10. SHELBIE Z

"Work Hard, Play Hard"
Shelbie's alright. I think she has a pretty good voice and I like how she doesn't look like the typical country girls you tend to see on these shows: looking like a high schooler who showed up late because she was taking homecoming photos. The song she picked was good, it allowed her to be a little fun but I didn't really find anything spectacular about it. It was a fun way to start off the show but I wouldn't cry if she got eliminated (6.5/10).

09. KORY WHEELER
"Let It Go"
"Yeah, I like that." I don't really know if I like Kory or not yet. He has a good voice and for some strange reason I think his voice just didn't fit the calming tone of "Let It Go," but at the same time it was perfect for it. He also looked liked he was trying to scare a toddler at one point. I agree with Harry, it wasn't really moving or special (6.5/10).


08. ADAM LASHER
"Black and Gold"
His lips kind of look like Donkey from Shrek. He sounded just find and has a really distinct voice. That's all she wrote, folks (7/10).







07. CJ JOHNSON
"I'll Be"
I honestly have no idea why the judges were kissing his ass so much. He sounded alright but those pit stains alone were a sight for sore eyes. I think the song suited his voice well I just kind of expected the song to go somewhere that it didn't. It went somewhere but not anywhere as great as it could have gone (7/10).


06. TRENT HARMON
"What Are You Listening To"
"What am I listening to? "Trent. His tone is wonderful. I thought his vibrato was a little...not working for me but the song seemed to fit him really well. I honestly don't remember his "style" of performing but I could get used to this from him (7/10).




05. JENN BLOSIL
"Sorry"
It's Sia's long lost vocal sister!! Jenn has the most beautiful tone but I think this song was the wrong choice for her. The key was way too low for her lower register, it wasn't until she got to the chorus that things seemed to come together for her.  As soon as she found her groove in the song, the whole performance shot up. Jenn should teach a master class (that Thomas Stringfellow is alone in attendance in) what a squeak should sound like if you're singing. Also did anyone else catch that she was almost always looking in the wrong camera? Hahahaha, love you Jen (Not J-Lo) (7.5/10).

04. MANNY TORRES
"Adventure of a Lifetime"
Manny's the perfect mix. He is such a natural performer, he has impeccable rhythm and he can actually really sing. He also has really great breath control because with all the dancing he was doing he didn't sound out of breath once (8/10).




03. OLIVIA ROX
"Confident"
She didn't smile!!!!!! That's a good thing. I thought the beginning was absolutely outstanding. I had no idea her voice was so strong! The vocal stayed powerful throughout the whole performance but she looked so awkward on stage the whole time that it just gave me a cold shoulder. It doesn't really even matter, though, because that last note she gave absolutely threw me out into the street (8/10).

02. LEE JEAN
"Runaway"
Have I heard him do a non-Ed Sheeran song yet? No. Do I care? No. I don't know what it is about Lee, I just love the tone of his voice. It's gorgeous and has an awesome stage presence. At least he didn't shush the audience this time, right? I don't know why the judges were talking about his song choice because I thought it fit him quite well. My literal only problem is that the only album he's been exposed to is X by Ed Sheeran (8,5/10).

01. DALTON RAPATTONI
"Rebel Yell"
I don't know what I found so interesting about this. It was so dark and powerful (his vocals were pretty amazing) I had to stop writing because by the time he made it to the chorus I couldn't take my eyes off of him. He's kind of like a singing vampire. Neither could JLo, apparently. She needs some water. Or Coke to sponsor Idol again so she can take a sip of something for her thirsty ass, I'm pretty sure she screamed "sexy" at the end (9/10).


MY personal choices to go through:
01. Manny Torres
02. Jenn Blosil
03. Dalton Rapattoni
04. Lee Jean
05. Olivia Rox
06. Trent Harmon
07. CJ Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...