Monday, November 23, 2015

The Voice US: Top 11 Live Show (BLAKE)


BARRETT BABER
Okay, so Barrett sort of took my advice. He's such a family dude so having his wife their supporting him during the rehearsal was pretty nice to watch. It would have been cool to see Barrett on the drums, though, because he was basically singing the drum part the entire time. I have to admit, I had no idea what this song was (I'm probably in the minority). Barrett tapped more into his country side, and I have to admit I actually liked it, despite me not being that big of a country fan. He did something different. Usually he's singing some ballad (sometimes about driving your truck) but tonight we got to see him having fun and his vocals never suffered. When the choir came out, I found myself bopping my head to it. It was pretty legit and that last note took me RIGHT TO CHURCH! I had a good time and it was a great performance and a nice contrast to his usual standing around and making faces and stomping. (7/10)

ZACH SEABAUGH
What a shocker, they're going for the female vote again! It's clearly working for him but it's just tiring to trying to have him ride through on the fact that he's attractive. We get it. The show doesn't have to shove it down our throats every chance it gets. I groaned at the song choice, only because it was "Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not" so already off the bat you know Blake is whispering in his ear "you gotta take a girl's hand and kiss it then ask if she's gonna kiss you or not. And look her right in the eye so she has an accident right in the audience." Blah blah blah. I like Zach, he's a cool guy. The competition is just really overselling him at this point. I'm pretty sure they're still tweeting "are you Zach's Brand New Girlfriend?" On to his actual performance. The visual was actually amazing. I loved the three bubble thing and it was cool seeing him walk through. Did....I....not......call him grabbing a girls hand and looking her directly in the eye? I did, just so we're keeping score. Overall, the performance was pretty good. He sounded decent and like I said last week, he's a natural performer. And he sort of did a spoken adlib again and he's the king of those. (6.5/10)

EMILY ANN ROBERTS
Emily's a really cute person. She's so much fun. I think this week I begun to start liking Emily. It's great because I didn't really notice her at first but her constant getting through every week allowed me to get more time to know her and like her.  The staging was very nice (if not generic) and fit the fun vibe of the song. She gives me a Lauren Alaina (Idol Season 10) vibe. I think she's going to go far in the competition. She, like most of the country singers on here have a natural stage presence and could be viable in the country market. (6.5/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...