Saturday, November 21, 2015

Survivor: X Factor Edition (Top 7)


Welcome to another week of The X Factor's Survivor!

4th IMPACT
Shockingly, they actually sang the hell out of their song from last week, looked good and well choreographed and it didn't sound like they were trying to get into different houses with all the keys they have in each of their songs. Of course, there was one moment where a note was attempted that needs to never happen again, but I digress, because everything else was so well executed. I think I was absolutely wrong about them last week. They need to stick to uptempo songs that involve singing their asses off (because apparently I'm in the minority when it comes to their vocals...) and dances their asses off and growling because they struck gold with "Work It Out" and the more they do that, the faster I will become a big fan of them! But clearly they don't need my support because everyone else LOVES them. I have to admit last week when the beat kicked in and the musical break happened, I absolutely got every ounce of my LIFE. These girls were GOLD.

CHE CHESTERMAN
Dude, literally just look in the camera. I don't know if I can pull a critique for him straight out of my ass because he was absolutely stellar last week. I guess my one criticism would be to stop showing off as much vocally. We get that he can out sing everyone else in the show so he doesn't have to do all these different tricks with his voice. Every week (except for "Can't Hurry Love") he starts out flawlessly, then towards the end he does these tricky vocal runs (which are fabulous) but then it tricks him up and he ends up being awkwardly off key for a small portion of the song. The effect is still strong, but it spoils what could be an absolutely flawless performance. I think he should stick to his guns of just standing their and singing but at the same time less is more, sometimes.

LOUISA JOHNSON
I think I might have discovered Louisa's true calling. Emotions. I think when she steps away from the vocal acrobatic we all know she is, and just lives in a songs moment, she hits her stride. Last week, she sounded amazing but was also very controlled in her vocals. When she ended up belting and doing her runs, they sounded gorgeous because they fit the part of the song she was singing. I also felt so much from her while she was performing (especially after, when she started to tear up). I think that my advice will help, but Louisa has the right to do whatever the hell she wants because she's earned it and is absolutely smashing this competition up. "MASH IT UP MASH IT UP MASH IT UP. BOOM"

LAUREN MURRAY
Yo, she had some confidence this week! Her voice sounded great on her song, but she was also more confident and that allowed her to sound even better than she already did. I think her wheelhouse might be shifting to ballads, even though she is super fun and a great stage presence. I think she could get away with one or two more ballads before it starts to get boring. If she ever does change her routine back to having fun, it would absolutely work for her because she wouldn't have to worry about her amazing vocals and just focus on having fun (which she's probably known for at this point). She's cute as a button and I think she's in a very strong position at this point.

MASON NOISE
MASON DID IT, GUYS. HE FOUND WHAT WORKS. His vocals are not very strong. I used to think they were absolutely fantastic but they are just okay. What really works for him is when he's performing the absolute dog shit out of a song. Men In Black's vocals were alright at best but when he started dancing, the performance absolutely kicked it into a higher gear than high. As long as he doesn't attempt to have Sam Smith moment, he'll probably do just fine this week. And I assume people just didn't like his performance of "Teardrops" (that landed him in the bottom 2) because he was safe last week. Just keep doing great, Mason. Please.

REGGIE N BOLLIE
I don't have much to say about these guys. Clearly they're fun, they are the absolute best when they are having fun and dancing with Cheryl. Everytime they perform I feel like I'm watching the opening to an awards show. I don't know if they can win but I want them to stay as long as they don't go into bafoon territory.



ANTON STEPHANS
Hey Stevie Ritchie, what's up? I don't know why he keeps surviving but he's on his third or fourth life right now. I'm only happy for him because he's such a cool guy but his performances on performance night are always just so...eh. I want him to go back to the guy who could sing the hell out of song without looking like he's about to hurt someone or without looking like he's strutting across a RuPaul stage. I want him to do amazing because he is absolutely capable of being amazing again. For now, he's just the running joke in the competition and the punchline will always be All About That Bass/Bang Bang. I REALLY want that to change, though.

Tomorrow is love and heart-break night (gag)! Here are the song lists, thanks to ITV!

Boys:
-Che Chesterman "Yesterday"
-Mason Noise "Jealous"

I hope Mason smashes it because it's a perfect song for him.

Girls:
-Lauren Murray "We Belong Together"
-Louisa Johnson "Let It Go" (James Bay, not Idina Menzel)

Groups:
-4th Impact "Ain't No Other Man"
-Reggie N Bollie "Dangerous Love/Shut Up & Dance"

4th Impact is probably going to give me a migraine because I'm just picturing one of them hitting the first note like one of the kids who try to hit piƱatas but swing and miss constantly. 

Overs:
Anton Stephans "One Sweet Day"

I really hope he does good but..........................................lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...