Sunday, November 22, 2015

X Factor UK: Top 7 Live Show (BOYS)



The boys let me down a little this week. I thought they were going to be much better. They weren't bad but they weren't as over the top amazing as I've come accustomed to with the boys.

CHE CHESTERMAN
Let's just get it out of the way. I love Che Chesterman. He's just such a cool, chill guy. He's exactly what the competition wants. A likable guy (who can also sing circles around absolutely any song he's given). I was excited when I heard he was singing Yesterday. I mean, once again he picked such an old school song but it wasn't the same type of Motown-esque song he's been doing for the past 3 weeks so it was fun to know that he was going to change things up and diversify himself (well, sort of. This song is still from the 60s.). I was very excited to see what he was going to do with it because he's not that great with conveying his emotions on stage, at least previously. Che sang the song flawlessly. His tone was perfect, his falsetto kicked in at the right spot, his runs were placed where it seemed natural and he took advantage of every single spot of his range. My only problem was that I didn't absolutely love the arrangement. It was pretty good and would have been a great rendition for reinvention week. Despite that, he sounded amazing and looked great up there. And to open the show like that was something to be applauded. (8/10)



MASON NOISE
Oh, the irony. Last week Mason absolutely kicked it into second gear, this week he pulled back and kicked it in reverse. This was just a very average Mason performance, I didn't see anything special about it. The energy was about the same as when he did "Teardrops" and his falsetto was just that. False-etto. It was just a little bit harsh on the ears. I thought this would be the perfect song for him and it kind of was until we hit the second half of the song. But it wasn't absolutely dreadful, just not...amazing. I thought it was brutal just to kick him off at the end of the show. I think it was probably his time to go but he will always hold a special place in my heart. He called out Simon Cowell, even if it was for the wrong reasons, then came back and made amends with everybody and ended up cemmenting his own strong place in the competition. He will be missed! (6/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...