Sunday, November 8, 2015

X Factor UK: Top 11 Rankings


I came into the top 11 expecting a bunch of different things. For one, I didn't expect 75% of the judging panel to act like whiny babies. I expected some singers to soar this week, whereas a great deal of them suffered. 


This is my weekly roundup for the top 11:

11. Anton Stephans (OVERS)
"All About That Bass/Bang Bang" 
I'm Cheryl Fernandez-Versini to the bullshit. I had no idea what to think of this performance and it saddens me because all of his potential pre-live shows was squandered in two weeks. (3/10)





10. Kiera Weathers (GIRLS)
"Return of the Mack" 
She did just fine, it wasn't enough to keep her in the competition. Or at least out of the bottom 3. (6.5/10)






09. Monica Michael (GIRLS)
"Crazy In Love" 
She looked like she was trying too hard and "performed" way too much as opposed to just letting her performance rock naturally, the way it usually does. (6.5/10)



08. 4th Impact (GROUPS)
"I honestly forgot their songs and don't want to search it up in fear of spoiling the results before we get them in America tomorrow."
They impressed me this week. Their staging was amazing and their vocals weren't as shrill. Mainly because you couldn't hear them but that's for the better because if I could have heard them they would have probably been lower on the list (and they're already at 8). (7/10)


07. Mason Noise (BOYS)
"Teardrops"
Solid. Not as good as last week but solid. (7/10)






06. Reggie N Bollie (GROUPS)
"What Makes You Beautiful/Cheerleader" 
Their energy is enough to fill up 4 cans of red bull and their vocals are just alright enough to slide by. I love them, honestly. (7.5/10)






05. Louisa Johnson (GIRLS)
"Billie Jean" 
Brilliant reinvention. Poorly executed delivery. If she hadn't over sung most of the song she probably would have been number one again. (7.5/10)





04. Sean Miley Moore (BOYS)
"California Dreamin'" 
The staging was gorgeous, the vocals were almost flawless. (8/10)







03. Lauren Murray (GIRLS)
"Hold Back the River"
Everything after her first verse was gold. (8/10)






02. Che Chesterman (BOYS)
"Can't Hurry Love" 
It's as close to vocally perfect as anyone can get on the show. (8.5/10)






01. Max Stone  (OVERS)
"Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World" 
Brilliant mash up. Stellar reinvention of What a Wonderful World. Amazing vocals an a very homey vibe. (9/10)





PREDICTIONS:
Instant elimination: Kiera Weathers
Sing off: Anton Stephans & Monica Michael

My predictions are just that, predictions. I'm writing this as I think it will happen during the results show, not what I want to happen. I think Kiera and Anton are going home. Whether or not Kiera is the one to be instantly eliminated or Anton, I don't know. I just feel that they're the ones going home. It's a shame because I was really rooting for Anton. Okay...and Kiera a little this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...