Wednesday, February 1, 2017

The Haves and the Have Nots: Brilliant Lawyers Lurking (5x05)

Disclaimer: Spoilers for this episode of Tyler Perry and OWN's The Haves and the Have Nots after the jump! If you haven't seen it, do not click any further (until you've seen it, then definitely read)! Thank you to the Oprah Winfrey Network for the pictures!
-CLICK HERE for more #HAHN reviews!

By the grace of God, Candace finally sees the light and meets with Jeffrey and Veronica at the hotel to talk about how deep they're in shit. Understandably, when Veronica hears everything these dumb asses have been up to she starts to hysterically laugh. For one of the first times since the show has begun, I found myself relating to Veronica. This storyline has honestly just been going on way too long and I'm beginning to lose interest in it. Or at least I was. Because in a stroke of brilliance on Tyler Perry's part, the I's are beginning to get dotted and the T's are starting to get crossed. Suffering through Justin and the cops searching through Candace's house finally starts to pay off because apparently the second the bank foreclosed on the house, the search warrant became invalidated and none of the evidence they find could be admissible in court and I was honestly shook and I can now say I'm very intrigued to see where this plot goes. What an appropriate episode title.

I think it's safe to say I wasted my time praising the direction of Wyatt's character last week because this was probably the dumbest we've ever seen him. When your drug dealer refuses to sell you drugs, you know there's an issue. Wyatt is just a walking contradiction. He claims no one has ever loved him, and while he did grow up with two psychos as parents, they've been trying to send him on the right path since the show's begun (well maybe until Jim sent him to fake jail, that was a little much). If you think about it, nearly everyone he's ever come into contact with on the show (save for Candace and Benny) have tried to get him to seek some type of help and he just refuses it at every point. I wanted to physically throw my shoe at his head when he drove into the dangers, begging these obvious crackheads for drugs. I just feel like I'm wasting keystrokes on him at this point. He's just so stupid and incorrect in the head. He's so lucky he has his looks to fall back on.

Benny's refusing to eat, Lil Q's refusing to care, Hanna's refusing to admit they're actually staying at a motel when Mitch calls and tells Benny that Candace is in trouble because he was running his mouth like it was getting ready for the Olympics. Benny, being the loyal brother he is, drops all of his doubts about her and springs into action to help her. Hanna doesn't really care and Lil Q probably wouldn't care either at this point.

Veronica when Ericka opened the door.
Veronica and that wig are just some nasty, crafty little bitches, aren't they? Veronica marches up to the hotel with flowers, pretending they're from David to give to Ericka. Now at this point, in my head, when Ericka comes down to get the flowers I thought Veronica was either going to follow her up stairs and kill her or kill her right there in the lobby. But to my surprise, she just sat there and watched Ericka take the flowers upstairs. When David gets a call from Ericka to thank "him" for the flowers, he's obviously confused and is pretty sure she hid a bomb in there so he orders her to dispose of them. When she opens the door, there's Ronnie. I personally wouldn't underestimate Ericka because I feel like we haven't seen the full extent of her crazy yet, but I'm still kind of scared for her. Most of all, I'm ready to see what Veronica has planned for her because it's going to be a treat to watch.

EPISODE GRADE: B-
Storyline grades:
(The Haves) Benny/Hanna/Mitch: C+
(The Have Nots) Jim/Kathryn/David: B
(The Brilliant Idiots) Candace/Jeffrey: B+
(THE Idiot) Wyatt/The Ghetto: F
(The Psychos) Veronica/David/Ericka: B+

Stray  Notes:
-I didn't write about Jim and Kathryn because, well, I just didn't. But I thought it was 100% boss how Jim checked the fucked out of her plan.
-I want to write about Justin, I really do. But I'm still so disgusted to be a fan of a show where the cops mistake a sharpie pen for blood that I'm just not in the right head

space yet.
-Candace talking to the waitress was downright rude. I don't see why her bitch has to be at 147% ALL the time.
-Veronica and that wig are just so devious. She was honestly serving a look this week, though.
-"Your knockoffs make my labels sneeze."
-"You were hoodwinked, hoodrat."
-"I NEED that  chair."
-"Sucking you way to an A." Okay, yes, Candace is the worst. But didn't Kathryn JUST say the other week that Veronica did the same exact thing or am I trippin'?
-"Black FEmale."
-I almost forgot about Celine's cinnamon roll head ass before Kathryn mentioned her. Ugh.
-200,000 dollar rug, my nigga?!
-Wyatt has the IQ of Thanksgiving stuffing. Wyatt's shirt has a higher IQ than he does.
-Shouldn't...Benny be in jail?
-Tyler, please stop giving Lil Q lines. Please.
-"Shut up white boy. I don't want to hear none of that bitchness." Quita was on point with the crackhead quips this week!
-Mama Rose. I don't even want to talk about her.
-Those cleaners got the blood out of the rug pretty easily? Must not be hard to remove ketchup from expensive rugs?
-100% here for Jim confronting Veronica.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...