Friday, November 25, 2016

Where Is 'Survivor: The Voice Edition'?


Not that I think any of you are searching up and down my feed to find these, but typically during a season of 'The Voice' I'll do Survivor posts. What is Survivor? Just a series I post once a week entailing what I think each contestant of the season can do to, well, survive throughout the current week and the rest of the season. I've been doing posts for 'X Factor UK' this year, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it with 'The Voice'. 

Frankly, I just don't care that much right now. This season of 'The Voice' was shaping to be very, very interesting. But right before we got to the top twelve, they stripped us of nearly every contestant that could be considered 'distinctive' or 'fresh'. Instead leaving us with ridiculously generic singers that do a much better job of boring me than actually singing their songs. 

I'm not trying to take away from the talent from this show by criticizing this season. Most of the contestants on this show are extremely talented and can really sing well. But I'm personally just not interested enough to dissect into what these contestants do because the posts would probably be the same thing every week. 

I may be an amateur critic, and the contestants will probably never see any of my reviews, but it's not like the judges say anything constructive. All I hear is 'Good job!' and 'Wow, you're a true artist!', so I don't expect these contestants to really grow, either. I'll still go on with weekly report cards, and I might even step in halfway through with a Survivor post, but I just don't have it in me this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...