Saturday, November 26, 2016

#SurvivorSaturday: X Factor UK Edition (Top 5)


Welcome to #SurvivorSaturday: X Factor UK edition! Just a quick disclaimer that everything down below are my personal opinions. I'm in no way affiliated with any corporation, especially X Factor, Syco, or iTV. 

What is Survivor? Alright, so I do recaps of performances for various singing shows and I give my two cents but Survivor is where I put my ten cents in and try and give the contestants a bit of advice (even though they're clearly not reading this) about what they can do to stay in the competition. 

Last season, these posts were simply titled "Survivor", but I'm trying something new out so bare with me! Everything down below is not only referring to said contestant's previous performance, but their overall history in the competition. This is basically what I think they can do to get through to the next round and whether or not I think they're safe or not. On to Survivor!

GIRLS:
EMILY MIDDLEMAS
I almost fell asleep typing this much. I thought Emily's performance was beautiful last week, but she's just beginning to be a snooze fest. The worst part is, I don't even think an up tempo number would save her at this point (not like I believed she'd be doing one this week, anyways). It's way too late in the competition to experiment. If she didn't absolutely nail it, she'd be out of the competition. So, in my opinion, she can do an up tempo number or continue to be X Factor's reigning Queen of Doom and bore us to an early grave. Either way, she's kind of screwed. 

OVERS:
HONEY G
Why would I bother?








SAARA AALTO
Well, she did it. Saara already gave us reasons to love her week after week. She has a big voice, knows when and how to use it and gave fun, up tempo performances. Last week, she slowed things back and reminded us how stellar she is at connecting to a song and how fantastically theatrical she is. In all honesty, she can do anything she wants this week. She's proved she's good for it and I'm hoping the judges have her back no matter what. Then again, they kept best joke since Seinfeld was canceled - Honey G. 

BOYS:
MATT TERRY
Last week, Matt reminded me just how good he could be if he stopped performing like he was in X Factor's revival of Grease. Is, literally, everything he does ridiculously predictable? Yes. Does he deliver a moderately good performance every week that warrants him a spot the next week? Yes. He's probably winning this whole thing, anyways.

GROUPS:
5 AFTER MIDNIGHT
Still, at this point, these boys are my favorite to win. They're everything X Factor tries to be. Fun, current, charismatic, talented. I do want to see them slow things down a little bit, so we can hear just how good their vocals are. Although their vocals might get a little lost in their high intensity dance numbers, they've got real soul in their voices. I don't think they will, because it's a little too late in the competition to be experimenting, but cheers if they do!

Song spoilers VIA The Telegraph!
5 AM: Uptown Funk, Sorry/One Dance
Emily Middlemas: Toxic, Rag 'n' Bone Man
Honey G: Can't Touch This/Super Freak, Push It/Black Beatles
Matt Terry: Secret Love Song, I'm Alive
Saara Aalto: The Winner Takes it All, Diamonds Are Forever/Diamonds Are a Girls Best Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...