Monday, November 14, 2016

The Voice 11: Live Playoffs (TEAM ADAM & TEAM ALICIA)


Disclaimer: All these opinions are clearly subjective and I am in no way affiliated with The Voice or any other corporation. 

Listen, y'all, I really tried to rank the Knockouts this season (as I've done the past two seasons). I just couldn't do it. A lot of the performances just rang together for me. The Voice is magnificent at churning out a bunch of generic really good singers. It was just draining to watch, what, 48 (or so) contestants (?) and have only about 6 of them pop out as memorable to me. I didn't even really have the patience tonight either. If you see two sentences or less, clearly you'll know who I'm not really feeling. The thing about this show is that even if I'm not really feeling them, they're not bad singers. That's one of the things I respect about this show. No jokes, just real singers. That being said, there are a few gems this season that I'm hoping we get to see for a long time!


TEAM ADAM
BRENDAN FLETCHER
"To Love Somebody"
Perfect song choice for him. B+

SIMONE GUNDY
"Diamonds"
This performance was absolutely beautiful, to me. She looked amazing, her vocals were pitch perfect and soared in all the right places. I'm a sucker for good diction and her diction was flawless. There were parts that I didn't feel connected to her, but for the most part she had me! This was a performance that should have turned her into a front runner but it eliminated her. Really? A-

JOSH GALLAGHER
"Colder Weather"
Not a country fan, but a fan of this performance. B+

RILEY ELMORE
"Luck Be a Lady"
His vocals were practically flawless, his diction was spot on as well, but he just looked really awkward on stage. Like, really awkward. B

BILLY GILMAN
"Crying"
I didn't really get into it until the second half. But his belting was absolutely gorgeous, I could feel the intensity of the performance inside of me. Those last few notes just took me somewhere. He has a great voice but I'm already groaning at how they're going to push him to win. Glory notes for days. But he sounded great. A-


Final 3 
1. Billy
2. Josh
3. Brendan

TEAM ALICIA
CHRISTIAN CUEVAS (TEAM ALICIA)
"Yesterday"
Christian's voice is soulful, yet silky and sweet and the same time. His range is beautiful and I love what he did with this classic song. He made it his own. The build up was absolutely gorgeous, it had me in goosebumps. Alicia's proud mom face the whole time was so cute and relatable. Haha. A-


WÉ McDONALD (TEAM ALICIA)
"Home"
Well this was an unexpected song choice for her. It was probably her weakest performance so far. Her pitch was all over the place. Hopefully it was just a flub because she was one of the few that I've really been enjoying this season. B-

SA'RAYAH (TEAM ALICIA)
"I'd Rather Go Blind"
Yes ma'am! Her voice is everything! Those soaring vocals towards the end were absolutely stellar! I thought her attitude, her pitch, and the stank were all there. It made for a very believable performance and it helped that she sounded excellent as well! A-

KYLIE ROTHFIELD
"(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction"
I like her voice, she did the song alright. My only issue is that her eyes are on 100% all the time. I feel like she's going to push through the screen to stab me. Haha. B-

JOSH HALVERSON
"Cupid"
I love his look and he's got a pretty good voice. B


Final 3
1. Christian Cuevas
2. Wé
3. Sa'Rayah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...