Tuesday, July 19, 2016

America's Got Talent 11: Judges Cuts Week 1 Recap


Disclaimer: All these opinions are clearly subjective and I am in no way affiliated with America's Got Talent, NBC or any other corporation.


If at any point you're reading this and it looked like I lazily wrote it, you're not wrong. I wasn't really that into it, hence why this is late and I comprised it into one mega post. This stage of the competition is frustrating (for me) because they clearly favor the younger acts. While there are some really good ones, there are also some mediocre/okay kid acts they're sending through just to be cute and while being cute is a talent, I'd rather see them on Little Big Shots that have some of the really good older contestants sent home packing. 

AXEL
Okay, so how? Why? What? "Is that happening?" I don't understand. If I could gif Simon's reaction and paste it on my face I would because that was me.  He was eliminated (even though I thought he did pretty well).  A

CHRISTOPHER
It's repetitive but it's mindless fun and as long as he got up on that stage and prances around with fake friends throwing shade at Simon Cowell, I was fine with it. Apparently the judges weren't and he got eliminated. B

DEADLY GAMES
I mean, I personally peed myself three times but whatever floats their kink boat. A

DUO GUERRERO
Very impressive. That's what you call talent. But bitch, I was ready to fall out my seat at any moment. They were really good but I'm not shocked they got eliminated, the judges were probably too lazy to go outside every week. A

EDGAR
Obviously it's vocally tight but they just don't come all the way around for me. They sound really good but they're easily replaceable. They got through anyways... B

HARA
I'm not exactly sure what this act was, but it was lit. Literally. A-

JON DORENBOS
And I indeed feel out my seat. I don't know what was better, that sick trick or the sick look on the other magician dude's face. He advanced. A

JULIA SCOTTI
Girl, I need burial money too after that. She killed me. Hilarious. A

KADAN BART ROCKETT
Aside from that ending it was alright. The ending was pretty clever, though. But he advanced anyways so... B-

KADIE LYNN
Cute little voice on her. B+

LINKIN BRIDGE
I'm never getting over those tight harmonies. It's so rare you get a group and all of them can genuinely really sing, belt and just entertain like that. There's so much passion behind their delivery it's hard not to root for them. I do, if you were confused. A

LORI MAE HERNANDEZ
I like her. She's alright. She sounds like she's coming off of the flu, still, but she hit her stride halfway through and got a few chuckles out of me. B

MOYA ANGELA
Power. Intense. Haunting. Pitch perfect. That growl that emerges when she ends one of her elongated notes was precious. That is a gift. One that I'm haply receiving. A

THE PASSING ZONE
Is this America's Got Talent or America's Got Anxiety? It was pretty neat, though. I guess. B+

RL BELL
Not only was that a lot of fun but his voice was killer. B+

RONEE
Pretty sure that performance was pitch perfect and oozed with soul. B+

SKYLAR KATZ
"This my song." Girl, it don't sound like you're song but cute. C

SOFIE DOSSI
That. Was. Fire. Literally. A

STEVEN BRUNDAGE
That was pretty cool. B+

VELLO
?!?!?!?!?! A-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...