Monday, June 6, 2016

#MusicMonday: Clean Bandit feat. Louisa Johnson "Tears"


Everything down below are my personal opinions. I'm in no way affiliated with any corporation, especially Clean Bandit, Louisa Johnson, Atlantic, or Warner records. 

It's a great weekend for X Factor 12 alumni, eh?

I have to admit that, although I enjoyed her run on X Factor, I had no idea where Louisa Johnson was heading after the show ended. She went in so many directions on X Factor, then her first single just didn't sit well with me for some reason. There's no doubt that she has a vibrant presence and has the ability to sing anything really, really well. This song is proof of both of  those things. 

I would have never guessed that I'd love Louisa Johnson on a dance track this much. She sounds amazing, her vocals soar but aren't overindulgent and her deliver of those lines at the speed of light during the pre-chorus are very impressive. But let's keep in mind that this isn't a Louisa Johnson song, it's a Clean Bandit song and none of this would have been possible without them. Everything they touch production-wise is absolutely fantastic. I also really love their use of string instruments because you don't really hear that a lot in upbeat music. Point is, go get this song I've listened to it nearly 50 times this weekend!

The lyrics are also really uplifting and relatable. These tears are out here freeing Louisa from the burdens of a treacherous relationship.

SONG GRADE: A
Watch the debut performance of "Tears" on Britain's Got Talent below!: 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...