Monday, December 7, 2015

Survivor: The Voice Edition (Top 9)

 
So this week is the ridiculous cut, I think. I actually like most of the contestants so I'll probably lose my head but for now here's my thoughts on what they have to do to make the cut!

TEAM ADAM:
AMY VACHAL
Amy Adams (Amy & Adam) have a system that works now. Adam and Amy work together to mix and rearrange a new track, they strike gold, she's a hit on iTunes and makes it through every week. Considering this should be the week everyone is slaughtered, they should probably just stick to what she's been doing. This show is so unpredictable at this stage of the competition if she did change up her style all of a sudden, the viewers might vote her through or just give up on her. I personally think they should keep it up because while it's kind of the same formula, it has a different and just as sweet outcome every week. 

SHELBY BROWN
It's obvious that I love Shelby and her voice is absolutely beautiful but she doesn't have that special thing about her, in my opinion. She's sounded flawless every week but I just don't think she stands out in the bunch. I would love for her to do a 360 this week and turn everything around but at this point the only thing I think will keep her through the big slaughter of contestants this week is if she has an absolute show stopper (and is maybe given the pimp spot?) and spins the competition on it's head. I really want her to prove my dumb ass wrong, though!

JORDAN SMITH
As much as I hate to say it, Jordan is beginning to bore me. He's obviously making it through this week, but it's just on his voice alone because this past week he had an eh emotional connection to the song but it's just him standing around and kind of looking at the camera. I just know he's gonna shut me up and probably bring some magic tonight (he's doing Somebody to Love, so that's something new?). I think he is going through regardless so it wouldn't hurt for him to have some charisma on stage. He already has the stage presence he just needs to stop being good every week and begin to top himself.

TEAM BLAKE:
ZACH SEABAUGH
I thought Zach had the most stage presence of any of the contestants until I saw last week's performance. Everything about his performance was pretty good last week, except his face. Why did he look so bored? He had his moments, of course, but because of the look on his face it just rubbed me the wrong way. This week he's doing "The Climb." Okay? I'm pretty sure he's going to grab some girl's hand and change the message of the song to "climbing this sexy dick because I'm cute," or at least Blake will suggest that.

BARRETT BABER
So Barrett's doing an Ella Henderson song this week? I was going to keep up the running gag of "[insert what I wrote last week]" but that shocked me a bit. This song is more upbeat than essentially everything he's done so far so this should either make or break his stint on The Voice. I think he has a decent following but he's pretty much just been doing the same thing every week. Either that or he has all of the south buzzing and he's going to win because he really gives me a Tate Stevens (X Factor US, Season 2) vibe.

EMILY ANN ROBERTS
Hey boo <3 So Emily surprised me by being pretty good last week. Her vocals were much tighter and she came off as a legitimate star. She's clearly got a huge following on the show, iTunes iTunes iTunes, so I think she just needs to literally not bomb this week and she'll be just fine.




TEAM GWEN:
BRAIDEN SUNSHINE
DAMN IT BRAIDEN. You were doing so well until you, or your mentor, thought it would be a good idea to do Radioactive? Sis, you know damn well all the grandmas are voting for you, don't even fake. He's a cute as a button little white boy who looks like he just passed his elementary school promotion ceremony. He's doing...Amazing Grace this week. Should I even have to explain why that's going to probably bomb? It's definitely an old old old school song so he should vocally sound fine but the audacity of him even choosing it...just, ugh.

JEFFERY AUSTIN
I finally paid enough attention to Jeffery to see him reach his full potential! His voice was absolutely stellar last week and he knows his lane and sticks to it. He doesn't try to push out of his comfort zone and due to the fact the season is pretty short and most of the focus is on belters like Jordan or pretty boys like Zach, he's the dark horse in the competition and his horseshoes are beginning to show. I had no idea how to make the metaphor work but, dude, I tried.

TEAM PHARRELL:
MADI DAVIS
Well, fuck, Madi! She's been #1 for two weeks straight now in my reviews. Last week's performance was every bit as riveting and haunting as the performance she did before that. It was an absolutely brilliant and refreshing take on a classic song that she made very, very brilliant choices in. The tone of her voice fit her rearrangement beautifully and wouldn't it just be perfect if Pharrell was the winning mentor after 66% of his team was knocked out in the first two weeks? Just as sweet would be it being Madi to win. I hope she sticks to what she's been doing these past few weeks because we might have a winner on our hands!

Welp, we'll see if they actually did any of this crap tonight when I do my review!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...