Sunday, November 15, 2015

X Factor UK: Top 9 Live Show (BOYS)

I was completely shocked that Sean went home last week, I thought he did great. Maybe it hurt even more because this was my favorite group but the competition felt a little empty without him (Che gave enough in his performance for everyone who went home, though)

MASON NOISE
Mason Noise needs confidence. It's a shame because before the results show from last week he seemed to be getting a little bit of his swagger back. The first week when he did Sorry was alright, but his performance was sort of put on the back burner because he was trying so hard to prove to everyone that he was a cool guy and chill and that you'd want to have a beer with him and that you could without the fear of him dropping a mic on your head or something. He sort of was able to redeem himself last week with a solid performance but ended up in the bottom 2/3. Here's what I think. Either the public have forgotten about his past and they actually like him now and they just weren't a fan of his performance of "Teardrops" or they didn't really forgive him to begin with and he just made it out of the bottom 3 in the first live show by the skin of his ass. Either way, Mason noise has come back this week with a re-energized fire. He goes back home and it's a sweat moment seeing him connect with his father. They really built up how epic this performance was going to be in the clip package so I was very excited to see what he was going to bring this week to the competition. Performance wise, I was thoroughly entertain the whole time. He started the performance dancing and had a really nice rhythm to him. I love when he dances because he carries himself with such a grace when he's on stage. He looks extremely comfortable. The 7,000 Mason's were actually very cool because he stayed in sync with them most of the time. And when I tell you I was popping in my seat quietly screaming "yasss" as he transitioned into the dance break with the dancers. He kept a high energy throughout the performance and kept everything fun. The only negative thing about this performance are, unfortunately, his vocals. If it weren't for the sing off last week when he sang "End of the Road" I wouldn't have noticed how off his vocals sounded. The beginning was alright and when he started in with the rapping I was really starting to vibe with it but as he hit the chorus something just felt off. I think he was on pitch but maybe it was just the fact that he was out of breath...but the vocals definitely suffered this week. And he's doing the winky things again, I'm swooning. 7/10

CHE CHESTERMAN
I have to admit that I was disappointed by the song choice because it was just so obvious for Che. If we hadn't already had confirmation (when he sang the song earlier in the season, and also from the fact that Che is brilliant and can sing literally anything) that he could sing this song down to the paper that it was originally written on, I would have groaned. Let's talk about Che for a second. Every time I hear his song choice, I have to let out a groan because his song choices are just so painfully obvious. I know he can sing the song and that he's going to have a wicked moment, but I would like him to have a wickedly unexpected moment because we've expected him to be flawless every week but mostly because we knew he could deliver on the song choices (Ain't No Moment High Enough and You Can't Hurry Love - classic Motown soul records from the 60s - are obviously going to suit his voice) I just want him to have more of an unexpected moment on the show where he blows everyone away because he does something out of the box and out of his comfort zone. That being said, when my boy Che started singing I shoved the keyboard to the side, got up and started having uncontrollable spasms because God damn Che sings his ass off so well he doesn't need any underwear because there's nothing left to cover up because HE SANG HIS ASS OFF. From the moment he starts the song off, you immediately knew what type of performance this was going to be. We still haven't seen much emotion in his eyes so it was so good seeing him get consumed in the music as he just let his entire lower middle and upper register hang loose like a nail. His runs were absolutely out of this world, how is someone this freaking talented? When took the mic off of the stand I had to take another step back. The X Factor needed some insurance for that stadium because it was clear that Che was getting read to blow the entire roof off of this competition. When I tell you Che Chesterman was singing from his whole entire God given diaphragm when he belted out those last few runs, I had to run around the house literally just because I wanted to prove I could run too. The only thing I didn't like was his last note because he did so many profession ass key changes during that last run that he couldn't find the write one for his last note. It didn't matter because he absolutely destroyed it so hard I was confused as to why the world was still in tact. Spectacular. FUCK. 9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...