Wednesday, November 11, 2015

The Voice US: Top 24 Final Predictons

I'm very glad I checked back in with The Voice this season because the talent is off the charts. Well, the people who are talented are off the charts. Everybody else seems to be in the awkward middle ground of the pack.



#TEAMADAM
Adam has such a strong category that Jordan and Shelby are at the top of the heap but everyone else (except Chance, we are not going to talk about Chance) could be the third member in his top 3. No matter what I think of him, Jordan is sailing through into the Top 12. His voice is out of this galaxy and I'm pretty sure he hit number one on iTunes. Shelby is everything I wish I could be, we'll leave it at that. Amy is very old school, I think she could find her groove in with the grandparents who watch the show. Blaine and Keith, however, are clearly very current performers. When I say current, I literally just mean not in the 30s like Amy is. Keith is a 90s rocker, at best.

Top 3: Jordan Smith, Shelby Brown, Blaine Mitchell/Amy Vachal.

#TEAMBLAKE
Hands down I think this is the weakest team of the season aside from maybe one or two great ones. Obviously Ivonne sounded fine and I think the audience likes her enough that she could make it to the Top 12, I just wish I could knock her over the head with a stack of mail for choosing that tired song. Morgan was so generic that I can't tell if she's exactly what this competiton is looking for, or if no one will remember her. I certainly won't but it's only because I'm not a fan of country and she's so freakin' country. That being said, Zach knocked everyone out of the water on Tuesday night. I may not be a country fan but there's no denying the power of his performance. He was smooth, he was fun, his spoken adlibs had me cracking up for days and I'm sure those pelvis thrusts locked in his female (and free-think male) votes. Nadjah has a voice on her but she also seems to be glued to one side of the stage, the performance was so boring that I kept on checking the time. I don't think she has anything close to a chance of getting in the top 12. Emily on the other hand...okay, she isn't my cup of tea but I could see why people might like her. She's pretty, her voice isn't dreadful she's just such a snoozefest to watch. Barrett is to The Voice what Tate Stevens was to X Factor. Not particularly memorable, but somehow I see him sailing through in the voting every single freaking week. I would love to have Blake's team just have Zach and allow us to get an extra two contestants from Gwen and Adam.

Top 3: Zach Seabaugh, Barret Baber, Ivonne Acero/Morgan Frazier



#TEAMGWEN

I think Gwen and Adam are tied for the strongest category. Personality wise (except for Braiden and Korin sometimes) they are so fun to just watch in their clip packages and I would gladly swap out anyone from Team Blake besides Zach just to have two more of Gwen or Adam's contestants. Regina Love pissed me off so much, her song choice was interesting but at the same time she sounded like a cow at the gynecologist. Her belting sounded more like bronchitis than anything. I loved her stage moments but I just felt the song was way too intimate for her to pull off with that strong voice she has on her, and really, when has a black woman with a strong voice ever done well in this competition (i.e. Sasha Allen, Judith Hill, Sausandra, that woman who looked like Chaka Khan in season 2, etc...). Korin had lovely moments during the performance but it fell flat, I'm not sure how the audience will react to it. Ellie Lawrence I think is a lock, her vocals weren't that strong but they were just strong enough to get buy and the performance she gave made up for it. It was very fun, I think she locked her spot up. Jefferey has so much sass on and off stage, he's basically Sam Smith if Sam Smith moved away from the mic. Gwen grabbed her face in awe at one point and I think the audience did too because it was a really strong performance. Braiden might sail by on his "Feeling Good" smasher, but this week was so boring. He's a cute little kid, though, so the grandmas might save him. My boy Viktor, as Rita Ora would say "MASH IT UP MASH IT UP MASH IT UP BOOM." His voice was absolutely flawless, as usual. He worked the crowd, his dance moves were smooth and the camera loves him. I would vomit if he didn't get through.

Top 3: Viktor Kiraly, Jefferey Austin, Ellie Lawrence


#TEAMPHARRELL
Pharrell's group wasn't perfect but in comparison to Blake's it was basically Kelly Clarkson and Justin Guarini. Darius kicked off the night with a compelling rendition of Love Lockdown. I loved it, his connection to the song was just as strong as his eyes were shut. I thought Evan was a little boring, he gets immediate props for performing Overjoyed because that song is fire. Nothing special, though, he seemed a little fake. Madi's voice is gorgeous and I think she's exactly the type of artist this competition eats up like a pie eating contest. Celeste absolutely smashed it and proved why it was an amazing idea for Pharrell to bring her back. Riley really shocked me with how on point her vocals were for "Should've Been Us" but she gives me...not memorable. On the other hand, Mark's vocals were terrible but everyone loves him and remembers him so it's really a toss up at this point.

Top 3: Madi Davis, Celeste Betton, Evan McKeel/Mark Hood (I hope I'm wrong and it's either Darius or Riley that replaces that final spot. Ugh, Pharrell has a pretty good team actually).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...