Friday, November 13, 2015

Survivor: X Factor Edition (Top 9)


I thought it'd be fun to maybe give a little insight as to what I think the contestants need to do in order to survive to the next live show.

4th IMPACT
The girls really need to tighten their vocals up. They're very cute, they're very bubble gum pop and very fun. I don't know how far that can take them because when I hear them sing their solos 75% of the girls sound like they're singing all different songs. I don't know how much vocal training they can cram into a week but a stripped down song that was very well rehearsed (where the girls didn't rely on straining their vocals or trying to hit notes that they know damn well they can't) would serve them well.

CHE CHESTERMAN
He's probably my favorite in the competition so far. He's been very stable and you can always rely on him for an amazing vocal and stage performance. I think he just needs to keep doing what he's doing. Maybe he can change up the formula and do some more fun performances and experiment while he still has a few chances for some faulty performances. As long as he stays killing those vocals every week, he can honestly do whatever he wants. But dude, look into the camera. When he does, it's very powerful.

LOUISA JOHNSON
Louisa, much like Che, sticks to a formula every work that's working wonders for her. I think she should step away from doing all those unnecessary vocal runs and straining her voice because it could get old very quick. I'd love to see more performances from her that were uptempo and fun, like Billie Jean, I just need her to not over sing every week because (judging from this past week) less is clearly more with her.

Lol, she's so uncomfortable. I love it.
MONICA MICHAEL
Monica said it herself, she needs to go back to the gritty street girl that she's always been. Overall, her performance of Crazy in Love wasn't terrible. Her vocals were just fine but she looked like she was trying way to hard to sex up the performance by touching herself everywhere and dropping down to the ground and popping back up. I think what works for Monica is when she stays in one spot (or her stage moves are very limited), gives the audience a serious look and sings her ass off. No more 50 Shades of X Factor from her.

Clearly this isn't from her song this week, but this is just so
cute. Also, I want this messy hair back!
LAUREN MURRAY
I think at this point, she can do anything this week and ride through into the next week. She's proved that her vocals will still soar through an uptempo number and she can also just stand still and sing her ass off. She should be less nervous (because she can really sing) and allow herself to confidently sing a song that relies on a lot of vocal power (because she has it). Also can we get her messy hair back? And more of that adorable smile we saw at the end of her performance (and a little bit as she got into the chorus of Hold Back the River).

MASON NOISE
I'm not sure what happened with Mason. Although it can be argued that he was possibly in the top during the first live show (and just nobody liked his performance of Teardrops) or he was just barely out of the bottom first week and now that we're narrowing down the pool he's just not getting enough votes. I think he should keep doing what he's doing because it's really just a matter of whether people like him or not and at this point if people don't like him then he's pretty screwed.

REGGIE N BOLLIE
These guys need to keep doing what they're doing. They do not have amazing vocals, clearly. Their stage presence and intensity is what has kept them around and kept everyone remotely interested in them. They really can't change up the formula because I don't know if anything else would work for them (unless they literally just danced and Cheryl was with them, I'd love that).

ANTON STEPHANS
Ugh, well clearly people love him. I love Anton, too, and in some ways this is a positive thing. Anton had so much potential during the audition rounds that has not been tapped into (AT ALL) during the live shows. Anton has a chance to really have a moment this week. I don't want something way too intimate (gross, Dance with My Father...those eyes?) or too heavy in production (because the fuck was All About That Bass/Bang Bang?). If he can find a middle ground and sing his ass off (I think he can with the right song) he's a lock for the next week because if people will vote for what he did last week, they'll probably vote for anything he does. So imagine if he actually does, like, good.

MAX STONE
Max Stone is so cool, I love him so much. I think I gave him a little too much this week. Aside from his soaring vocals and interesting spin on songs, I think he should really try to work on his emotional connection to a song. I know I said it really didn't matter, but since he already has the voice there's really nothing to loose if he picks a song that he can relate to and just show us that he actually has feelings. He reminds me of Ben Haenow with less personality, but better vocals. Once we get that personality down, Max might just take this whole thing by storm.

Tomorrow is movie night! Here are the song lists, thanks to ITV!

Boys:
-Che Chesterman "When a Man Loves A Woman"
-Mason Noise "Men in Black Theme Tune"

I would let out a groan to Che's song (because it's just such an obvious song pick) if we didn't already know this man will sing the stinking dog shit out of this song.

Girls:
-Lauren Murray "License To Kill"
-Louisa Johnson "Everybody's Free"
-Monica Michael "Bang Bang"

Groups:
-4th Impact "Work It Out"
-Reggie N Bollie "Who Let the Dogs Out"

These girls better not try and do too much, considering they're singing a Beyonce hit. Reggie N Bollie are headed in the right direction, I cannot wait to hear them (well really see them because I'm not expecting vocals)!

Overs:
Anton Stephans "I Have Nothing"
Max Stone "Secret Garden"

Clearly they're trying to give Anton a moment and if he can pull this off, he will absolutely steal the show. If he doesn't then it was nice knowing him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...