Friday, November 6, 2015

X Factor UK: Top 13 Live Show (GROUPS)


Before we get too into this, this is probably going to be very short because I don't really love the groups this year on the show. I haven't been paying much attention to them and I just don't think they're all that great. That being said, they've had their moments so far, I just wouldn't hold my breath to wait for me to cross over into the group's side. And I don't like Cheryl Fernandez-Versini. I just don't, I think everything she says is just one idea that she says in 12 different ways throughout the show and...eh. She's a very sweet woman and I think she has a warm personality and really cares about her acts, but I just don't like her as a judge (because she just doesn't really critique and when she does it's SO IRRELEVANT) but she's an okay mentor, I suppose. Onto the groups:


REGGIE 'N' BOLLIE
I'll be honest, I haven't cared much for these guys so far. They're fun. I think they sung "Cheerleader" before? I really liked it and they bring a really fun spirit whenever they take the stage. They've really tightened up their vocals and always have a smile on. There personalities very well could be the thing that sails them through the show, but they could go either way because their production was great - it felt like it made sense with their song choice (looking at you, Lauren <3) and had a good time with their performance and just exude confidence, which is all I ask for you performers on this show! I would give them a 7/10. Nice job guys!


ALIENS UNCOVERED
I LOVED them. I haven't really paid much attention to them throughout the show but they've always stuck out, like a sore thumb (in a good way). They are very hip, they know how to work a crowd, they now how to travel the stage and they are just a very lively group on this show. Their stage presence prevailed in their rendition of Jessie J's "Do It Like a Dude". They worked the stage like masters, they got the audience hyped up, their vocals were tight and I really was rooting for them when they performed. Unfortunately, they were prematurely booted from the show after this performance. I would have loved to see what they could bring to the show next week but we won't get the chance, unfortunately. 8/10.

4th IMPACT
These girls. These girls, man. I think they're the most overrated act on the show this season. They are very sweet girls, they are easily marketable, they are a joy to watch because they're looking like they are having the time of their lives up on that stage. They sang "Problem" by Ariana Grande (feat. Iggy Azealea) and ironically, there's just one problem. The vocals. I wouldn't say that their vocals are awful, but they get WAY too much credit for subpar performances. Clearly one or two of them have very strong voices, but they have absolutely no control of their voices whatsoever. Take the high note of "Bang Bang" that one of the girls tried to hit "See anybody could be good to you, you need a bad girl to blow your MIIIIIIIIND" ...Honey. You blew my eardrums. Their harmonies are alright most of the time but there comes a moment in every performance when the girls are in 7 different keys and there are only four of them and they're all sharp, somehow, but still don't sound in sync with each other. I have very high expectations from this group, due to all the praise they get, and they just haven't lived up to their hype. Their performance was alright and will get them through the next few weeks, but I just don't really love them. 6/10.

These groups have potential, I just have yet to see any of them reach theirs (aside from Aliens Uncovered, but yeah), Yet. I'm hoping, though! I'm only excited to see them to see if they get any better because the groups have only up to go from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...