Saturday, December 3, 2016

#SurvivorSaturday: X Factor UK Edition (Top 4)


Welcome to #SurvivorSaturday: X Factor UK edition! Just a quick disclaimer that everything down below are my personal opinions. I'm in no way affiliated with any corporation, especially X Factor, Syco, or iTV. 

What is Survivor? Alright, so I do recaps of performances for various singing shows and I give my two cents but Survivor is where I put my ten cents in and try and give the contestants a bit of advice (even though they're clearly not reading this) about what they can do to stay in the competition. 

Last season, these posts were simply titled "Survivor", but I'm trying something new out so bare with me! Everything down below is not only referring to said contestant's previous performance, but their overall history in the competition. This is basically what I think they can do to get through to the next round and whether or not I think they're safe or not. On to Survivor!

GIRLS:
EMILY MIDDLEMAS
At this point, all I really want to see is Emily be happy. She's proven she can tear our hearts out, that she can also be very boring, but by far my favorite Emily is the one we saw during her performance of 'Toxic'. It was that quirky, fun side we've been missing since the live shows begun. 



OVERS:
SAARA AALTO
I think I've finally uncovered the game Saara's been playing, and just to be clear, she has been playing it fantastically. Her earlier performances were more upbeat and eccentric, and I have no doubt that Saara loves to be wild and batty. Lately she's been pulling back the lairs and revealing more of herself. Those stripped back performances are lovely because she hasn't been overindulgent with them. She's peaking at just the right time in the competition!

BOYS:
MATT TERRY
To be quite honest, Matt probably do just about anything he wants this week. His performances were a bit lackluster, but if he's able to clean up those vocals then he's without a doubt in the finals next week!





GROUPS:
5 AFTER MIDNIGHT
Ugh, I really don't want to say this, but 5 After Midnight kind of deserved to be in the bottom two this past week. There was something about their performances that should have worked on paper, but they came across as lazy. I personally would love to see them do a stripped back/acoustic song that highlights their vocals then something more upbeat. Not sure if it's too much of the same or specifically their last two performances that have worried me but something's just been off with them.

Song spoilers VIA The Telegraph!
5 AM: Stay Another Day, 'Sign, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)
Emily Middlemas: War is Over, Mad World
Matt Terry: Silent Night, Say You Love Me
Saara Aalto: All I Want For Christmas is You, Chandelier

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...