Monday, November 23, 2015

X Factor UK: Top 7 Results Show Recap


So, what was the UK thinking? Not about sending Anton home, love him but it was his time to go about three weeks ago. Che Chesterman in the bottom 2? How was this even Earthly possible? It shouldn't have been, but of course The X Factor is going to pull some crap like that in the top six. Of course, considering that Anton was the one who went home, I can't stay too mad at the program because everything lined up in the universe and Che is coming back next week. I have absolutely no idea what went wrong. Maybe it was his song arrangement? Like I said, I loved his voice during the song but didn't love the arrangement.

Nathan Sykes performed and he performed the hell out of his new song "." He always sounds beautiful when he sings and it was lovely to see an artist just sit at a piano and just let their talent speak for it self. Beautiful. Olly's performance was okay, I'm not a huge fan of him, but it was a very decent performance.



Sing off:
Well, when Che said "I have to be ready." I had to layer that extra layer of glue on my hairline being clearly he was going to snatch my whole entire wig off. His soul was able to shine through in the song and  had to exit the room when he kicked his falsetto into high gear. It was absolutely beautiful and it was absolutely no question who was going to get through to the top 5.


Let's give it up for Anton. He always shared his amazing personality with us, he is such a beautiful person. I've given him some grief but he's deserved to go through every single week because even if he didn't sound amazing, or perform amazing, but he's always had so much potential. He might have never tapped into that potential as the live shows begun, but he knocked every single performance out of the week before the live shows begun. His sing off could have been better but it was a solid performance from him, considering he was up against Che (arguably the best singer in the entire competition). Anton, your vibrant and wonderful personality will be missed, as will your enormous voice, amazing vibrato and your crazy eyes.

Anton was on point with all of the shade he threw at Nick. I think he genuinely was trying to sweep everything under the rug, but at the same time every time he thanked "the lovely ladies," Nick's face just hit a derp. He was either shading him by ignoring, or shading him by calling him a girl (which would be out of poor taste, considering he's gay, but Anton is obviously not going to go there). Nick's comments the other night weren't as harsh as Anton made them out to be but you have to give Anton credit for showing that much passion about who he is as a performer. I loved Anton, I'm going to miss him so much, it was just his time to go.

I thought Che was a lock for the finals but I guess not, after this week. Maybe it was just a fluke, but I really hope he doesn't end up in the bottom next week and this doesn't become a recurring thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...